Ferrari Owners Club.(F.O.C.) Midwest is here!!! | FerrariChat

Ferrari Owners Club.(F.O.C.) Midwest is here!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    It's Official! Ferrari Owners Club,(F.O.C.) Midwest is here! Check out our Website at: www.focmidwest.com

We will be focusing more on Drive's.(But other Events,also) Which,along with the FCA's Shows and other great events,should give the Midwest Ferrari owner Lots of things to do with their Cars. Show it,Drive it. Or just come and attend these great events.

We have such limited time to really enjoy our cars,we want to try to do as much as we can,while we can.

Stay tuned here on FChat for more Info. Or visit the F.O.C. Midwest Website. Looking Forward to meeting alot of people and Enjoying our cars as Enzo intended. :)

The F.O.C's motto is: We Drive!!! Come on and join us!!!!

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Want to learn more about it?

Join us for the Indoor Go Kart event on Saturday at 2pm in Buffalo Grove. Visitors are free and welcome.

For directions go to: www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

3. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Enzo Ferrari would be proud. From what I understand, Enzo once said that he prefered his street cars to be driven, not become still museum pieces.

The FOC follows Enzo's statement.

Dave

4. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Frank, when will there be details regarding the April 17 event? Start, time, route, etc. My brother and I may join.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,we JUST got this going. So,some meetings are in order. But,we will get everything squared away ASAP. I'm very glad that you and your Brother are interested. We really have a great bunch of guys already,with alot of enthusiasm,and want to enjoy...DRIVE our Beautiful machines. (As Enzo intended!! :) ) The Comaraderie is tremendous. We are really looking forward to a great year. We have Lots of Great ideas already.

So,keep checking the website,and here on FChat for more info. We'll be updating as soon as things come up.

Check out our Karting event this Weekend,if you'd like to meet everyone and get a feel about what we're all about.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

And,once again,and as Dave mentioned...The F.O.C Motto is: "WE DRIVE!!!" :) These Bella Machines need to be excercised. Not stuck in a garage with a Car Cover over it!!!! :(

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Since I've been now asked this a few times, here a general response:

If you like to join the FOC you can sign up online on their website (www.ferrariownersclub.com) and select MIDWEST as your local region, that will give you automatically access/membership to our club (and we'll get the benefit of some financial kickback from your fee to organize events for you).

To participate in our drives you don't have to be a FOC member, but it does help us if you are (see above) and you'll get some other benefits like the Pilota magazine subscription, the Ferrari Owners Registry book (like a who's who in Ferrari land) and you qualify for our very own annual Gumball trophy.

Plus at a minimum to survive as an organization we do need some number of members. However since we relaunched this section, we have already grown our base by about 15%, so we're par for the year.
    :)

7. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

Andreas,

Maybe we can list everyone on the FOC website that are members on another page there?? I know some people like to stay private, but maybe something simple??? Like list the midwest members by first name, Last name(Optional), city and thier F-car or the one they endear to have??? Just a thought. I see you got my baby on thier a couple times and me standing by the gas pump with my finger in my nose... :)

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good idea. Will obviously have to be at the club member's individual discretion whether they want to be listed.

Yup, I was a bit hard pressed on pictures, that had nothing to do with other club events...But going forward we will gradually replace those shots by more recent ones.

9. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

Like some pictures of this go kart track front of the building with it's sign and our Ferraris under the sign... That will be a nice shot... :)

Didn't you get a picture of yours last December at our xmas party??? Wasn't it covered with snow??? That may be a shot to use?? Well, maybe not, you may get into trouble from the DCSF for abuse of your baby??? hee hee....

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Somehow I'm trying to forget that event. Well, not the event itself, but the drive home...

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Years ago. I saw a picture in one of the Automobile Magazines with a Corvette,(The "Shark" -3rd. Generartion body style) on a 4 Wheel Drive chassis. Sitting up high,with some giant Monster Mudders. I BELIEVE that it was Minnesota or Wisconsin....(where it would really be necessary) It Looked really cool. Could a Ferrari Version ever be? (as the "Purists" Gasp!!!!)

But,back to the thread.... Yes,the benefits of F.O.C. Club membership are numerous. And,we will also be "Adopting" a Charity or Two,(yet to be determined) that can benefit from various events and such.

So,while we are having Fun,and ENJOYING our cars. We can also Help out those in need. Everybody Wins!

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I would also like to invite anyone that may be interested in the New F.O.C.- Midwest to come and check us out at the Indoor Karting Event,This Saturday.

We have a really great bunch of guys,already. And,hope to add alot more. My Wife is coming along,too. So,bring your special someone along.

13. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Frank, I will join in the next day or two. I appreciate your efforts and information. I'll try to make it to the April 17 event.

Have any of you attended the Ferrari Club of America events? Which ones? Which ones did you particularly like? I just joined. Thank you.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    FCA has some spectacular events: Oakstreet, Monroe Street and Belle Machine d'Italia or whatever it is called now. Also their track event at Gingerman is way cool.

I have attended most of their events last year and will do so this year again. It is a great club, just a different focus: Parcours instead of driving events. Being a member in both clubs, I got the best of both worlds.

15. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thank you Andreas. The Oak Street and Italian Village events look like fun events. Can any Ferrari enter?

16. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    Any Ferrari can enter as long as you are a member of the FCA.The registration form for Oak St. will be on our web site after April 5th.or we will have them at our next club meeting on April 3rd at Lake Forest Sports Cars. The space is limited to about 75 cars,so don't wait to long.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    FCA also has some other nice gatherings at private homes like the Fribergs and Mike E.'s. Not really concours, but a fun event nevertheless.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I must certainly agree with Andreas about the FCA being a great club,too. I participated in their events before I joined,and then I did join,and I intend to continue membership. They have some really great events.

We just started the Regional F.O.C.,because we have a considerable group that like to do both. Park and Show,and Drive. But,Especially,Drives. We had quite a few nice drives last year. And,thought,"Why not make it more Official". Thus,the New F.O.C.

After being in both Clubs,now,I would get my Monthly F.O.C. Magazine,"Pilota",and always see all of these great Drives,like they do out on the West Coast. And thought that I'd really like to do more Drives like that. Although,they have good Weather all year 'round. Up here in the Midwest,our driving time is Limited. Then whats left out of that,consider Rainy days,other commiments,and so on. Then,we aren't left with a whole heck of alot of Driving time.

So,I see our new F.O.C. Midwestern Branch as a nice venue,in addition to,the FCA. We have 2 Great Authorized Ferrari Dealers in the Area. Why not 2 great Ferrari Clubs. Something for everyone!

19. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Very nice to see this group getting together.. I'll join, though I may be moving, I will still be here on a more limited basis.. probably am going to keep most of the cars in this area and only stay at the other place when working... I'll be happy to add my name and a fee to the rosters to help

Frank - i have never seen a Ferrari 4x4 but have seen a few of those Vettes back in the 80's.. I could probably dig out a pic or two - I'll look around.... you ever see the 308 set up for drag racing?

Chelle

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hello there,Chelle! Glad to have you aboard! We really need to have some Variety,and Your most gorgeous GTO IS A MUST!!!! :) (Kim's,too!!!)

LOL! On the Vette 4X4's. I used to get Hot Rod,Popular Hot Rodding,all of the mags when I was younger,and more into Muscle Cars,and Vettes. And,recall seeing the 4X4 Vette. Not too sure,but I THINK it might have had a Blower sticking out of the hood,too.

I had an '81 Vette with a 383 Stroker,2400 Stall Speed,and (Whopping) 4:88 Rear end, Just needed to be Tubbed,and away we go...... But,I never did. Just kept it for some fun on the Street.

I see all sorts of stories on the Car Channel Shows about "Rad Rides by Troy". A guy named Troy Trepanier,who is somewhere well South of here,that makes Super Custom,World Renown Custom Cars.

Then,I look at Mr. Hoopers/Italian Design & Auto.,website; www.italianauto.com. out in Phoenix,AZ. He has a couple 288 Rebodied 308's. With no suspension or Drivetrain....Hmmmm.....One would make a nice 4X4,the other,a tubbed out,front engined Super Street/Strip Car...:)

No,I better not even THINK about it....:)

21. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #21 Chelle, Mar 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL!!! :) Now THATS What I'm talkin' 'bout!!!!!! :)

Andreas,don't get no ideas....:)

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I like the rear wing.

24. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I was amazed and impressed (that's dedication!) by Andreas' account of his harrowing drive home that night (on which my wife and I were also out driving around, and got rear-ended at a stoplight). Recalling that story and picture of the snow-encrusted 308, I found this story interesting:

http://www.maseratighibli.co.uk/home43.htm

Check out the pictures... how'd you like to make that drive? Note: this is a Maserati site but the story involves Ferraris too.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Way cool report! I stood once on Red Square, but having Red Cars there is absolutely top notch! BTW: I have a Ferrari watch from the Ferrari dealer in Moscow. Very cute.

Those pics remind me of a video from Ferrari Spa (I got it on DVD as a member of their world wide club) where they took a 550 down to Fireland (at the bottom of South America) as a test. Absolutely awesome and with that traction control it was piece of cake in the snow.