Interesting | FerrariChat

Interesting

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Prugna 328, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    This would seem not really all that relevant to us today until you get to #14. Then chills go down the spine.

Dear Mr. Ex-President Clinton:

I recently saw a bumper sticker that said, "Thank me, I voted for Clinton-Gore." So, I sat down and reflected on that, and since you are now supporting Mr. Kerry, I am sending my "Thank you" for what you have specifically done:

1. Thank you for introducing us to Jennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky, Dolly Kyle Browning, Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broderick. Did I leave anyone out?

2. Thank you for teaching my 8 year old about oral sex. I had really planned to wait until they were older to discuss it with them, but now they know more about it than I did as a senior in college.

3. Thank you for showing us that sexual harassment in the work place (especially the White House) and on the job is OK, and all you have to know is what the meaning of "is" is. It really is great to know that certain sexual acts are not sex, and one person may have sex while the other one involved does NOT have sex.

4. Thank you for reintroducing the concept of impeachment to a new generation and demonstrating that the ridiculous plot of the movie, "Wag the Dog" could be plausible after all.

5. Thanks for making Jimmy Carter look competent, Gerald Ford look graceful, Richard Nixon look honest, Lyndon Johnson look truthful, and John Kennedy look moral.

6. Thank you for the 73 House and Senate witnesses who have pled the 5th Amendment and 17 witnesses who have fled the country to avoid testifying about Democratic campaign fund raising.

7. Thank you, for the 19 charges, 8 convictions, and 4 imprisonments from the Whitewater "mess" and the 55 criminal charges and 32 criminal convictions (so far) in the other "Clinton" scandals.

8. Thanks also for reducing our military by half, "gutting" much of our foreign policy, and flying all over the world on "vacations" carefully disguised as necessary trips.

9. Thank you, also, for "finding" millions of dollars--- I really didn't need it in the first place, and I can't think of a more well deserving group of recipients for my hard-earned dollar than jet fuel for all of your globe-trotting. I understand you, your family and your cronies have logged in more time aboard Air Force One than any other administration.

10. Now that you've left the White House, thanks for the 140 pardons of convicted felons and indicted felons-in-exile. We will love to have them rejoin society.

11. Thanks also for removing the White House silverware. I'm sure that Laura Bush didn't like the pattern anyway. Also, enjoy the housewarming gifts you've received from your "friends."

12. Thanks to you and your staff in the West Wing of the White House for vandalizing and destroying government property on the way out. I also appreciate removing all of that excess weight (China, silverware, linen, towels, ash trays, soap, pens, magnetic compass, flight manuals, etc.) out of Air Force 1. The weight savings means burning less fuel, thus less tax dollars spent on jet fuel. Thank you!

13. And, please ensure that Hillary enjoys the $8 million dollar advance for her "tell-all" book and you, Bill, the $10 million advance for your memoirs. Who says crime doesn't pay?

14. The last and most important point - thank you for forcing Israel to let Mohammed Atta go free. Terrorist pilot Mohammed Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners". However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands. The American President at the time, Bill
    Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released. Thus Mohammed Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports. Why shouldn't Americans know the real truth?

God bless America and THANK YOU (once again) for spending my taxes so wisely and frugally.

SINCERELY,
    A US Citizen

PS. Please pass along a special thank you to Al Gore for "inventing" the Internet, without which I would not be able to send this wonderful factual e-mail.

AND THE REST OF THE STORY
    Hillary Rodham Clinton, as a New York State Senator, now comes under the "Congressional Retirement and Staffing Plan," which means that even if she never gets reelected, she STILL receives her Congressional salary until she dies. (Would it not be nice if all Americans were pension eligible after only 4 years?)

If Bill outlives her, he then inherits HER salary until HE dies. He is already getting his Presidential salary until he dies. If Hillary outlives Bill, she also gets HIS salary until she dies. Guess who pays for that? WE DO! It's common knowledge that in order for her to establish NY residency they purchased a million dollar-plus house in upscale Chappaqua, New York. Makes sense. They are entitled to Secret Service protection or life. Still makes sense. Here is where it becomes interesting.

Their mortgage payments hover at around $10,000 per month. BUT, an extra residence HAD to be built within the acreage to house the Secret Service agents. The Clinton's charge the Federal government $10,000 monthly rent for the use of that extra residence, which is just about equal to their mortgage payment. This means that we, the taxpayers, are paying the Clinton's salary, mortgage, transportation, safety and security, as well as the salaries for their 12 man staff-and, this is all perfectly legal!

When she runs for President, will you vote for her?

How many people can YOU send this to?

Good Luck to all our taxpayers!!

2. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

14 doesn't surprise me, frankly none of it surprises me. It all simply disgusts me.

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    You've all got it easy - he's my damn Commencement speaker

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Regardless of the last point being false The Honorable Mr.Clinton is still a damn fool, as is his wife.

6. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    I would not attend.

7. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    What good did Clinton do?

In 1992, 10 million citizens were unemployed, the country faced record deficits, and poverty and welfare rolls were growing. Family incomes were losing ground to inflation and jobs were being created at the slowest rate since the Great Depression.

After 8 years of Clinton economic growth averaged 4% per year, compared to average growth of 2.8% during the Reagan-Bush years. The economy grew for 116 consecutive months, the most in history.

The Clinton economy created more than 22.5 million jobs in less than eight years: the most jobs ever created under a single administration.

Overall unemployment dropped to the lowest level in more than 30 years, down from 6.9% in 1993 to just 4% in November, 2000. The unemployment rate had been below 5% for 40 consecutive months.

Inflation was at the lowest rate since the Kennedy Administration, averaging 2.5%, down from 4.7% during the previous administration.

The homeownership rate reached 67.7% for the third quarter of 2000, the highest rate on record. In contrast, the homeownership rate fell from 65.6% in the first quarter of 1981 to 63.7% in the first quarter of 1993.

The poverty rate declined from 15.1% in 1993 to 11.8% in 2000, the largest six-year drop in poverty in nearly 30 years. 7 million fewer people in poverty than there were in 1993.

The surplus in FY 2000 was $237 billion, the third consecutive surplus and the largest surplus ever.

Between 1998-2000, the publicly held debt was reduced by $363 billion, the largest three-year pay-down in U.S. history. Under Presidents Reagan and Bush, the debt held by the public quadrupled.

After increasing under the previous two administrations, federal government spending as a share of the economy has been cut from 22.2% in 1992 to 18% in 2000, the lowest level since 1966.

How did he do this?

Enacted the 1993 Deficit Reduction Plan without a Single Republican Vote.

Created the Balanced Budget Act of 1997.

Dedicated the Surplus to Save Social Security and Reduce the National Debt.
    He also repeatedly vetoed large Republican tax cut bills that would have jeopardized our nation's fiscal discipline.

Raised the Minimum Wage. In 1996, President Clinton and Vice President Gore fought for and won a 90-cent per hour increase in the minimum wage, helping 10 million workers.

Created the E-Rate. With the leadership of Vice President Gore, the Telecommunications Act contained the E-Rate initiative, which provides low-cost Internet connections for schools, libraries, rural health clinics and hospitals. More than 80% of U.S. public schools have benefited from the E-rate, which has helped connect 30 million children and up to 47,000 schools and libraries to the Internet.

Paved the Way for Electronic Commerce. President Clinton fought to eliminate legal barriers to using electronic technology to form and sign contracts, collect and store documents, and send and receive notices and disclosures, while ensuring that consumers on-line have the same protections that they have in the paper world. He signed the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act on June 30, 2000.

Not to mention welfare reform, the clean air act, preserving our national forests and most likely the best foreign policies ever.

Yep, Clinton had nothing to do with the best economy in history.

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    By doing alot of those things though he destroyed our Military. Sure he made things cheaper and made people happy but he actually just screwed us over in the long run. Now we have to pay so much more to try to bring us back to where we were at. And I'm not even going to get into what he did to the entire weapon industry.
    People like him want to outlaw weapons all together. But you know what happens when you do that? Only Outlaws will have weapons then.

9. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Sounds like you've been brainwashed by the NRA and their "they're trying to take away your guns" campaign.

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No I dont even really like the NRA. I understand your points though. I read that book The Brethren by John Grisham yesterday and I have this stuff on my mind.

I would just rather want to defend myself so this type of thing dosnt happen to me.

Warning not for the faint of heart.

11. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Hey, I hear ya. I am a proud owner of several firearms. I have a concealed weapons permit and often carry one of my firearms around with me.

12. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I had a good long rant, but it is all summed up in a few good sentences.

The President is responsible for exactly jack and **** when it comes to the economy. The Congress is responsible for exactly jack and ****. Politicians’ take credit for the economy when its good, despite the fact they didn't cause it, and they try to say its the other parties fault when its bad.

BTW: All those nice figures you put up... your not admitting to one thing. The economy was picking up at the end of Bush 1's term (But before he left office) and started swirling down the toilet at the end of Clinton's term (several months before he left Office). What does that mean? Those excellent right years of growth began with a Republican and ended with a Democrat. But as I already pointed out, that doesn't really matter, since neither party did much to cause it anyway.

And will you be kind enough to link to the website you yanked your entire post from?

13. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    What is this? The "No Spin Zone"? You sounded a bit like O'Reilly for a second there.

My post was not yanked from a website. It was actually yanked from another board that I'm a visitor of. Somebody else had posted it a while back and I have no idea what site he yanked it from.

I can understand a Republican voting for Bush because he's a Republican and Bush is the candidate, but for somebody to sit here and try to convince me that he is a competent president that's good for our country, you have your work cut out for you.

14. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Never watched Bill O'Reilly or knowingly read something he's written. I know of him of course.

Why don't you tell me what he's screwed up on that makes him an incompetent president? He's done some stupid things (steel tariffs... stupid SOB). But hardly anything that makes him incompetent.

15. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Here you go...(from my post on another thread)
    The Bush camp bleated on and on about weapons of mass destruction and Iraq. The weapons were used in the 1980s. They were verifiably eliminated in the 1990s. Bush invaded in 2003! And he invaded in retaliation for an attack by AQ. That's the same as invading Mexico in retaliation for Pearl Harbour. Don't say it wasn't, because America's tacit acceptance was based on this administration's tireless efforts to create a link between 9/11 and Iraq and sell the invasion as the only solution. They couldn't fool the international community, but 70% of America bought it. It was pure fabrication of course, and he has recently admitted that there was no such link.

The new party line is that it was all done to make Iraq a better-off place. Perhaps one day Iraq will be a better off place, but America's battle was with terrorism. Noone ever tasked Bush with the mission of improving the life of the average Iraqi, and I doubt Americans would be willing to sacrifice 500+ lives to do so. By the time it's over, that number will be in the thousands. And that's not counting the tens of thousands of Iraqi dead--I am sure they and their families appreciate the favour.

Bush invaded Iraq on the pretext that there was a link between Iraq and Sept. 11, between Iraq and Al Qaeda, and between Iraq and WMD. All three were outright lies. Now that WMD have not been found, the "logic" has changed to "well, Iraq can definitely not produce WMD now and that has made the US safer."

Further, by focusing on Iraq, and not deploying a large force to Afghanistan immediately after Sept. 11, Bush enabled OBL and his cronies to escape, and for Al Qaeda operatives to think they were "successful". Although he declared the Taliban a rogue government, he continued to negotiate with them for OBL, signalling US intentions and giving everyone plenty of time to escape. What's forgotten is how poorly executed the Afghanistan strategy was in the aftermath of 9/11. But the world has felt the ramifications, from Bali to Madrid.

Then, by invading Iraq with ZERO justification, Bush actually reinforced OBL's claims that the US is an imperialist crusader and the enemy of Islam. He played right into AQ's hands with that move.

Instead of focusing on Al Qaeda and wiping it out, Bush focused on Iraq. This gave AQ a whole new breeding ground and and helped it recruit new converts. And it mired the US down on yet another battleground, a very costly one, and unfortunately one that was completely avoidable. It was sheer lunacy to focus on Iraq when it posed NO threat, and to treat AQ as a minor irritant even AFTER 9/11. The rhetoric changed immediately, but actions did not. And strategy is still misguided and largely ineffective. America's number one enemy has grown stronger. It's bigger, more spread out, and ever harder to penetrate.

Most damning of all is how Bush has handled the administration and security of the US. His government is composed of fiefdoms and cronies. Important projects and objectives are routinely sacrificed for pork. Nepotism runs amok. Public outcry has forced a couple of such appointees from office, but many remain, screwing things up colossally because they have zero understanding, experience, or ability to fulfill their job functions. Sadly, many of these functions relate to security.

Anyone who dares question the status quo is instantly labeled a traitor and vilified. Your allies in Europe tried to voice valid concerns, but were shouted down. They are still being shouted down. Did you see that mad dog Rumsfeld lecturing the Germans and calling their behavior "shocking"? One wonders what the correct term for his would be.

Some people claim that Clinton was soft on terrorism and Bush is much more effective. Read Clarke's book. You will see that Clinton treated it far more seriously and took far more effective action against it, and was prepared to go after it much more decisively than Bush ever was.

Some people say that the Clarke book's publication was timed for the election. But he submitted it to the White House for approval (as required by US law) much before so that it could have been published earlier. The White House sat on it for far longer than anticipated. If anyone is to blame for the timing, it's the White House

16. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I figured it was false right off that bat. If Atta bombed a bus and was let go, we wouldn't be first hearing that two years after 9/11 on F chat. ;)
    The reality is you can make a list of 14 or even 100 negative points on any candidate. They all suck. Amazing what we put forth as our best and brightest,