Official: Ksullender moving to Atlanta | FerrariChat

Official: Ksullender moving to Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Ksullender, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Yesterday I finalized the deal and I'm going to be taking an opportunity with my company and move to Atlanta. I'll start on 3/29. I'll be living in a corporate apt and commuting on the weekends. I'll be in the Dunwoody area temporarily and working in Norcross.

Not sure how long it will take to get moved and get the Ferrari up here, but hopefully I can start to meet some of you guys in the Atlanta area!

2. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Welcome to the ATL.

3. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    A very warm welcome to Atlanta !

You've arrived just in time to enjoy the pollen. I hope you like your Ferrari in a yellowish-green colour :)

Lots of f-car owners on the northside.

Hope to see you soon :)

Vince

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    wow Vince, i forgot all about the pollen ( my frontier is that brght yellow) i bet it makes red fcars look " frosted " lol.

5. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Welcome! I've only been here since Thanksgiving, but I love it.

6. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    And let me add my two cents, and also welcome you just a little further north of Florida. Looking forward to meeting you some day. Hope all goes well in the move.

7. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    What do you mean pollen? Like don't park under trees? I will be without my Ferrari until my house sells in S Florida and everything is shipped to Atlanta, so I'll be having withdraws since I figure by the time I sell my house here and a 60 day closing and another 60 day closing to buy I could be Ferrari-less for 5 or 6 months? That's like 1/2 a year! I can't take it!! Ok, I'll calm down.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    During the peak of the pollen season (yet to happen), if you park all day in an open lot, when you come out at the end, your car will look as if yellow snow had fallen on it!

On a scale where anything over 120 is "extremely high" it is not unusual for Atlanta to have a few days where pollen counts exceed 4000!

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

It doesn't matter where you park -- unless it's fully enclosed indoors. (Even in a parking garge with open sides, you'll get pollen)

Spring is gorgeous in these parts, but man, the pollen is enough to drive a person crazy. The yellow haze is like a bag of cornmeal has been thrown all over your car -- and it gets into everything. My advice? Leave the good cars at home in the enclosed garage. And... if you're driving anything worthwhile, make sure your air filters are set to recirculate instead of "fresh air".... that stuff gets into everything.

-Daniel

p.s. Isn't this the 17-year cicada year too? It'll be like something from the bible, I fear.

10. 355now350soon

355now350soon Karting

Mar 19, 2004
    I hate it, allergies. The sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, I hate it.

11. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey Ken, it will be awesome having you down here.

12. JTranfield

JTranfield Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    NYC, London
    Full Name:
    J Tranfield
    Quite a few Ferraris in Dunwoody and Brookhaven. I have one and so does another guy on my street. I see at least 3 others often in the area. So welcome.

13. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Sounds like my kind of place. pollen.....allergies....I would not stop scratching my eyes.

Makes me apprechiate hurricanes again :)

14. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    once you get settled in--pick a day and place---maybe some of can break away for a dinner gathering--there is a new (and good) restaurant at 400x HBR in Roswell that was good parking and is rarely crowded (has not been found by the masses yet)