Comments about Fantasy Junction | FerrariChat

Comments about Fantasy Junction

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by alberto, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I am in so-cal and am interested in a car being sold by Fantasy Junction. I want to give them a refundable deposit to hold the car until I can get up there to look at it (in a couple of weekends), but they will not take a credit card, only a check.

Any of you no-cal folks have any experience with those guys? Although I've been there once and they seemed like straight shooters, I am concerned about sending a check to them.

I will post this on the main board as well.

Thanks for your comments.

2. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Alberto,

I met Bruce Trenery last weekend at the challenge races. We chatted cars for about half an hour. He comes very well reccomended by a number of people I know. I don't think you should have any problems.

Vincent.

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Bruce, the owner has a very good reputation amonst the ferrari crowd I hang with.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Chris Christiansen there is also a good guy, but of ocurse everyone knows Bruce.

--Dan

5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I was there a couple of weeks ago, what car are you looking at?
    Bill

6. John1789

John1789 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    My experience with Bruce Trenery has been excellent. Has sold one f car for me in the past proven very honest. Great selection of cars, too!

7. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thanks for your comments guys, very helpful. Let's see how it goes.

Now with respect to a prepurchase inspection in the Bay Area, I have references to Ferrari of SF and Patrick Otis. Any other recommendations?

Thanks.

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Depends on the kind of car. Different people have different specialties.

--Dan

9. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Mark Spencer at VeloceSpeed in Campbell, 408-369-9792.

Gary

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Gary: I think he's looking for guys way up north, as Fantasy Junction is in Emeryville.

BTW, saw the car when we were @ sears - hot stuff!

--Dan

11. Stradale Dan

Stradale Dan Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    Fantasy Junction is a very honorable place to do business with. I have bought 2 race cars from them, both of which I bought sight unseen coming out of Japan. One was a Porsche 962C which was a smooth and easy transaction. The other was an Alfa Romeo F1 car which was not running as the broker and owner promised us. I paid Bruce Trenery the full amount for the Alfa, and he sent the money to Japan. When the car was delivered and we both discovered that it was misrepresented he refunded my money in full with no hassle whatsoever.

In short, I would have no hesitation whatsoever dealing with Bruce or Fantasy Junction again. They are honest, straight shooters.

Peter

12. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    That 962 must be a WILD ride.

--Dan

PS: Are you Dan or Peter? Stradale Dan = Peter?

13. Stradale Dan

Stradale Dan Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    my dad using my account

14. Wankel

Wankel Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cock-Pit
    I have never tried to purchase a car from Fantasy Junction, but I have been there and the people there seem very nice, they showed me all around the place, and were vere welcoming, so yeah sorry I wasn't much help.

15. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Prancing Horse of California in Burlingame,Ca.
    Dale Dindral;owner

16. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    If it's a vintage Ferrari, Dale Dindral knows his business. Steve at Statewide will trailer the car there for a good price - (415) 668-0800.

17. Andrew

Andrew Karting

Feb 26, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
    Well I'm a little late for Fantasy Junction. Friend of mine bought his car their 6 months ago and highly recommends them so don't worry about the deposit.

Patrick Ottis is very close to Fantasy Junction (2 1/2 miles). If you are looking to get the blk TR they have then that is newer so I would take it to Waterfront Automobili (415)861-2223.