DVLA Auction - Prices ??? | FerrariChat

DVLA Auction - Prices ???

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ferrari355gtb, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    K15 HAN £41,500
    KEU 1N £23,200

Some people have too much money ......

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Indeed....i can't even make out what they shd spell !

3. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Some people might and do say that about people who buy Ferraris each to his own a Another interesting point DVLA sell numbers as these two so you can make it look like a plate that spells something special to you by spacing adding black bolts in a conveniont place ect and the old bill nick you and fine you Good way of collecting extra cash dont you think

RAY360M

4. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    KEU1N (Supposed to look like 'Kevin' ,Tony) is ok but not for that sort of money.

There is some idiot advertising about 6 plates in the Sunday Times at rediculous money. He had NAT11AN (which is obviously supposed to spell Nathan with the cunning use of a fixing screw) which was up for £100K

The other plates were not much good either and were up for the same money.

Someone else is selling SAT4N for over £100K as well

My favourite is still a 288 GTO which had the number AWE50M

5. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    My favourite is still a 288 GTO which had the number AWE50M[/QUOTE]

My favourite was seen on the M1 many years ago on a dark blue roller "130 LOX"

6. markcp

markcp Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    North London
    Full Name:
    Mark Parsons
    From memory I think there were 3 plates in the Times yesterday, all for £250k each!!! Now that is a lot of money for 2 18" strips of plastic!!

One of my favourite plates is on a TVR - UR02 SLO :)

Mark.

7. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    He's a member on Pistonheads. Got a Mazda RX8 with RU02 SLO on it. Look fabulous next to each other.

My favourite still is the two Diablos in Kensington with plates of: NOT1 and BUT2

Fabulous

8. 325Paul

325Paul Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Kent (Rochester) - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Thompson
    I saw an orange Diablo with the plate "D14ABLO" which caught my attention rather quickly!!

9. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George

Rick,were you at that auction? If it was the one at the National Mining Museum its only 2 miles from me,I went for 2 of the 3 days.There were some absolute bargains though,I bought 2 at reserve.The car park was the best bit though,2 360's a 575 on another of the days,a new Bentley Coupe,11 new Range Rovers 1Maser 3200,list was endless.Some people are making a fortune out of these.Saw some fab reg plates on cars too, V1 on a Range Rover,2E on a Bentley.Was'nt that busy either especially late afternoons

10. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    John Madjeski of Autotrader and Reading FC fame has some nice plates including B1 BYE on a Cobra.

I was at the DVLA Auction years ago when someone paid about £60K for M1LES. Probably some public school educated chinless wonder in the city

Someone was selling 2 good plates suitable for 2 good time girls: H1 5LAG and H1 5LUT. No idea what they sold for.

11. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Simon,

No I didn't go but I have been before - quite interesting being in the bidding room. Just got the prices off their website.

What did you buy ? Good price ?

Rick

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Friend just bought a plate from DVLA auction.They 'phone you up just before bidding starts , you give them your top price and the telephone bidder goes to work on your behalf......quite exciting and you can up the bid as auction goes along.
    Beware tho; VAT and Buyers' premium is ADDED to price paid....

13. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

V8 JOE - £25,000 ID TAKE £10,000.00 for it but hurry before i change my mind

;-)

14. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Have to say that my favorites are:

SOD 1T which was on a Lotus Esprit of all things
    PEN 15 which belongs to Steve Parish (the motorcycle rider) and
    F4 NNY which is his wifes car

15. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I thought F plates are not yet for sale. F1 ??? would be good for most Fcars.

Ken

16. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Guy in chelsea who owns 2B and NOT 2B. Looks good

17. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    About 8-9 yrs ago outside the RITZ in London I saw 2 countaches ... which was a site in itself. On closer inspection their numer plates were:
    NOT 1 ; BUT 2
    I just stood there staring in disbelief !!!

18. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Well I figured that the reg plates with 2 digits and 3 letters (one of which includes an X,for example 50 JJX) were really good value all reserve in the catalogue at £550.So I bought 50LGX for £550 +VAT etc & I bid on a few others including 2 SXY(!) for the F car but in went for about £8500 (reserve about 3K.)Plus I bought another cheap one for the same price as the first.Interesting though,the one that went for £40K plus was being fought over by 2 Asian families,obvious to everyone it was an honour thing,amazing to see.

19. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Check my post further up. I know of those plates and they're on Diablos now. Whoever he is is a legend for that. Maybe theyr'e on Murcielagos now! :)

20. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Steve Parrish lives near me and I often see the PEN 15 plate- it's on a black ML. Never seen F4 NNY though.

21. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I used to know Steve quite well - doesn't he now live in Barrington area?

His ML (and previous Mercs) were supplied by the Merc dealer in Cambridge who got a complaint about his and his wifes car number plates when they were both in for a service.

I have to say while I also have seen Steve's car many times it was the dealership that told me about his wifes so it could be a tall story, although I know others who have also said that is her number

22. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Apparently the number F1 is coming up for auction soon. It currently belongs to a Local Authority who also have 1F.

Guide price of £150K but I think it will go for more than that.

23. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    If you want to see F4NNY - you want to come up to Manchester on a Friday or Saturday night !!!! Roll on the summer.

24. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Ha Ha! Nice one! Leeds is the same.I was out Fri & Sat nite in The Living Room,I think you have one in Manchester too.I managed to wangle a gold card to get in the private members rooms upstairs where Alan Smith was with his usual entourage and the Emmerdale crowd.What a load of to****s. I think the fact that the 355 was parked outside the front door had something to do with me being able to get up there. It looked great until a guy in light blue 360 Spider parked behind it! It was then I noticed all the stonechips,scratched wheels on mine..oh dear
    Actually,must tell you this Rick.I took a bird out last Wednesday who lets say was'nt from a well bred background(don't mean to be nasty).Picked her up in the F car which did'nt produce any comment apart from the usual comment that did the exhaust have a hole in it? Not impressed. Got her back to my house later on.She sees the Dyson vac in the hall,all of a sudden looking at me with new respect!! 'Is this really a Dyson' she says.Ehh yes I replied confused.Crikey she says,and proceeds to examine it in greater detail.
    So the moral of the story is,you don't have to drive a Ferrari to impress a bird,just buy a flamin Dyson

25. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Simon - pure class. Hope you showed her your Dyson animal attachment.