has anyone here placed a deposit down for the modena replacement called ?monza 430? | FerrariChat

has anyone here placed a deposit down for the modena replacement called ?monza 430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by ignacio, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ignacio

ignacio Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    annapolis md
    does anyone have any further on this new model? i have heard it will be a 2007 model. i have not seen spyshots. i hear a rumor the engine will be similiar to maserati coupe--4.3 v-8 with drive chains instead of belts.

2. ignacio

ignacio Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    annapolis md
    i had already seen the autoweek article. i assumed the autoweek car would be simply an updated modena not the new model replacement. who knows?

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Professore told me the engine is the Maserati Trofeo basically, 9000 revs, sounds awesome. I think they should (and maybe will) make some subtke changes to the body as well.

4. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    I have placed a letter of intent to buy at my dealership last December. I did this when I purchased my Spider. Since I have bought a couple of cars from him, he did not need an actual cash deposit. At that time and up to a couple of months ago, they had no hard information at that time to give to me.
    Dr J

5. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    I spoke with my dealer today, will leave a deposit later in the week.

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think it is. A Evolution of the 360 so to speak.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I put a deposit down last year. It is supposed to be a 2006 model and based on some the info to which I have been privy in the last week, I am pretty sure that it will be out in mid/late 2005.

BTW, I was told that I did not have to put a deposit down but if you don't put down a deposit and sign a contract with your car number and order number on it, how do you that you're going to get one when it's your turn?

8. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Also, the new car has been designed by Pininfarina and there is at least one working prototype out there. I know this for a fact. The car that everyone has talked about, i.e. the autoweek article, is simply a test mule in the current body style. The new car will look very different, although there will be some very clear resemblances to the 360. It will be more than what the 355 is to the 348 but it will not be what the 360 was to the 355 in terms of looks. In terms of engine, it will be a new car and in terms of handling, it's supposed to be a smidgen better than the CS but based a lot on the CS handling package.

9. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    My dealer, Ferrari of Ontario, will not take deposits or start a list for a car which has not been officially announced. They maintain that there may be a new car in late 2005 as a 2006 model with very slightly modified bodywork and more horsepower.

If this is true, and I'm not sure that it is, I think it will just upset those loyal customers who spent big dollars on a CS, because if the new car looks like the old car and outperforms a CS, for less money.......

10. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004

Although I don't hope, there could be the chance that the price of a Modena successor might not be that far away from the current Challenge Stradale (moreover while equipped with F1 and Carbo Ceramic Brakes...)

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I am really turned off by the world of new Ferrari buying. It just seems too expensive, too snooty, too exclusive, too I'm-doing-you-a-favor, too much politics in where you are put on the list. Too much jostling and elbowing to get the next best thing. Who needs to deal with that? For now, I'll stick with buying used.

Plus, who know if the next model is even going to be any good. Can you imagine seeing a 512M and putting your name on the list in 1995 for its replacement, thinking you'll be getting something similar? You'd be in for a shock. How about signing up for a 348 knowing that the 328 was really reliable, and then discovering that the 348 had a few more problems than you were expecting? I'd rather wait until a model is tried and true.

12. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #13 Husker, Mar 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. ignacio

ignacio Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    annapolis md
    husker

say it ain't so!

that thing looks like a toyota mr2!

14. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    As long as the 420/430 will be an evolution of the 360 (what it surely will be), you can't go that wrong...

15. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    True, because if it was still not as good as what will be its competition from several different marques, you will still be able to sell it for a premium.

16. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I would not be surprised if the 360 replacement does not hit North American shores until mid to late 2006. I heard that the fire that occured about two weeks ago at Ferrari has badly damaged prototypes and computer development on the new replacement car. :(

17. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    First of all, I have a sneaking suspicion that the new car will be around the price of the CS. For 485 hp, that would be bargian compared to the CS, although without all the carbon.

Zip. I don't know how old you are but it sounds like you might be a high school student based on that comment. The dealer decides the spots on politics? No, it decides on money. Cold hard cash. Cash trumps politics every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If you want to pay enough, they'll put you on the list. And that might be reason enough to not buy from an authourised dealer but don't confuse greed with politics.

By the way, I really believe in buying used Ferraris. The best deal is a well cared for car with a couple of fanatical, anal retentive previous owners. However, I think that this new car is really going to be the schiznit based on the early weight and hp figures.

And the whole part about what if it's crap? Well it's going to be a revolution of the 360 so it's not going to suck but if I drive and it's too refined for my taste and I prefer to get an F40 instead, I'm sure that someone will be willing to take a chance on 430 or whatever with 200 miles on it.