Ferrari Videos Help | FerrariChat

Ferrari Videos Help

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Chiaro_Slag, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Last night I was trying to convert the F40 / Elise video from mpeg format to avi. The purpose was to then burn the video on to a DVD. I'm new to the whole DVD burning process and need help with the following.

What program do you use to convert movies to different formats? Does the software come with the computer, or is it something you have to download / buy?

Thanks

2. bubbachavez

bubbachavez Rookie

Dec 9, 2003
    I am not sure what format you are starting with, but you need to end up with mpeg2 to make a DVD. Go to: http://www.tmpgenc.com/ and download the software. You will be able to convert your file to mpeg2 and make a DVD, or convert to mpeg1 and amke a VCD. Good Luck

3. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Jerry, what are the specs of your MPEG video? The MPEG 2 stream on DVD has very specific parameters, and if they're not met, won't accept the file.

Cross conversion of MPEG -> AVI -> MPEG-2 will introduce plenty of artifacts as well. DVDs are based on MPEG-2

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks guys. This is the video I was referring to :

http://www.elise.ch/membres/olivier/video/elise-f40.mpg

jet-x - I was helping Rick with his new computer. I don't have access to a machine that can burn DVD's, so it's hard for me to see how everything works. What are artifacts?

Thanks

5. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'll see if my software will burn this to a DVD, but doubt it.

Artifacts are visual artifacts....

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Like an arrowhead or a fossil? :)

Thanks - We were playing with the new computer & trying to figure out if you can take a movie and then convert it to the right file type to then burn onto a DVD.