Business Ideas | FerrariChat

Business Ideas

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by dream cars, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    anyone have some solid business ideas, any industry, proven or risky. I want to here some ideas from outside my small world.

thanks

2. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Honestly, I dont think too many people would share the 'good' ones since they're probably lucrative and wouldn't want to pass them up....

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Uh, yes, lets see, ive got this great business idea! It will make million! Let me give the idea to someone on the internet!

4. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    My thoughts exactly Allan, I have shared a couple decent little ideas with others, but like anyone else, greed keeps me from sharing the good ones.

5. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    hahahah

6. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    but i will give you some advise. GO read books on great business minds(trump, buffett, welch, etc.) You will get plenty of ideas from reading books like these. Youll have more ideas then youll know what to do with.

7. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Custom, painted to match your car A/C register vents.

The Lambrossa drivers would make you rich...

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Im going to read Trumps new book.

9. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    ya, that looks really good. ill probably start reading it some time this week.

10. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    How about a game show like Hollywood Squares but with kids ... Gary Coleman could host?

11. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Lemonade stand in a cold, uninhabited area. Bring a book.

12. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    *a book about a great business mind! :)

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Hey, on Trumps show, The Apprentice, those girls made 600.00 in one day selling Lemonade! After expenses 400 a day, times 30 days, 12k a month, not bad! I could hire a couple hotties, get some nookie on the side, and make money!

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    LOL That's awesome, I would love to see that website!

15. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Dream..OK, here's one:

Since you live in Florida where there is an abundance of drug deals and shootings, your new business can be crime scene cleaning. OK, laugh. These independant companies make BIG bucks and many of the jobs are co-funded by the state. Apartments are a great customer base, since many of these crimes happen in them. There are some HazMat certs you will need. So if brains on walls is OK with you, there is good income to be had. Check out similar companies on the web!

16. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    agreed. it isn't for me, nor could I do it, but I do know of a father & son team in Oklahoma that do it. they seem to do well for themselves.

or, you could just post a thread stating it's the last week to send in your $5! =D

17. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I think a driving range would be sweet, but I love golf so it may not be for you. I was also looking into the self storage business, seems easy enough, just a building and a few wires and you're ready.
    These ideas may not make you millions, but food on the table and being your own boss with a Ferrari in the driveway seems like a good way to spend time.
    As for a job, does anyone know anything about a Fisheries Observer position? {Onboard fishing boats making sure rules are followed etc....} I have been looking into it for a short time and I just might go for it.

18. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Dream...How old are you and what are you good at. Lets tackle your question with these two items nailed down.

19. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    i think that some good businesses that people do or have an idea for are okey to tell over the internet, because they might be location specific, such as if you have come up with a way to make better programs than microsoft, you might not want to say that here or tell people how, but if its something local like:

I have 6 full time crews cutting lawns in omaha, here is how i did it. how is someone going to steal that from you here.

So with that here you go:

Floor planning car lots or holding notes, you need at least 50-100k to start. You go to the small independant dealers and tell them you will finance bad credit risks, when the banks don't- you want to be able to approve the loans yourself (so you dont get total losers) and you want to buy at a 70% - 80% discount of note price. for example they sell the car for $4950 you give them @70% $3465.00 then you charge the consumer 19-26% interest. On the note. So if he pays it off you will make @19% interest he will pay around $253 per month for 24 months or $6072.00 minus $3465 you paid the dealer you make $2607 profit for the loan, not bad.

just a note of reference if the comsumer doesnt pay it back and you have to reposses the car make the dealer give you a fixed price for the car such as 1/3 the sale price so you can keep your losses to a minimum. so in the example above the most you are risking is $1831.50 so in two years you make over 130% on your money.

just a thought.
    john

if you steal my idea and make a ton of money I want a 360 spider for my consulting fee and I will wait untill after you've made it.

20. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The video camera and production crew might have had something to do w/ that as well.

What's the title of Trump's new book?

21. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    I have allready read half of it. It is called "how to get rich" by Donald Trump but it is all rehashed stuff that is in every get rich, goal making book I have read, wait for paperback.

john

22. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    I'm not sure which one is running on empty this time, either his wallet or his ego...

23. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    As a matter of fact, I do. Here are a few for your consideration:

1. Bad debt. You can either represent consumers in negotiating bad debt and receive a percentage of the savings you obtain for them. You don't have to be a lawyer although in some states you have to be bonded. Or you can collect on the debt and represent the creditors as a collection agency. Consumer debt is at an all time high and rising.

2. Commercial Cleaning (business only). Yes, I know it's not too glamerous but a friend started a business from scratch six months ago and they are doing really well. I helped get them started and I was surprised to actually get paid back and get a rate of return on my small investment.

I like businesses where you don't have to invest enormous sums for overhead.

Take care,

Mike

24. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Custom Home building..

Don't F#*K up the bids or the losses will make an Enzo look cheap in comparison...

25. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Here's mine:

$15k investment for $1-3k/month income. Details via PM.

Jason-