Peter Ustinov | FerrariChat

Peter Ustinov

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mikeman, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikeman

mikeman Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
    Just read that Peter Ustinov died at the age of 82. Back in the '60s he produced an LP "The Gran Prix du Rock". Some of you might remember the parody of the Gran Prix of the Rock of Gibralter. He wrote it and did all the sounds and voices. We had Phil Dill driving the Wildfowl, Von Grips in the Snorcedes, and Fandango in the Fernari (?). It was a great LP, I understand its on CD now and recommend it higly.
    Mike

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Somebody post a link!

I, too, had heard of this recording but have never heard it! Is it a title track or a general comedy album (CD)?

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    There was an article about him in one of the recent Automobile magazines. He was quite the car guy.

4. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    One of the great actors of all times May his soul rest in peace.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks, Wax!

7. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I remember his appearance on the Muppet Show. Just his facial expressions were enough to get me going. I wonder if he's cracking them up on the other side.

8. mikeman

mikeman Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
    Its great comedy! The accents are off-the-wall. Esp the jerhman vehr the drivers legs go in opposite directions for ze balance of ze car. I don't know how to do a link but google directed me to Bizrite and they have the CD for $12.99,

9. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    And the Flat Earth Society recording too...

10. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Is this the actor who did Agatha Christies' Poirot in "Death On Nile", "13 At Dinner" and "Evil Under the Sun"? Or different person as prior posts indicates him as musician, or he was multi-talented man?

How is he related to Ferrari?

I saw or read some actors from UK are known for Ferrari association, like Peter Sellers & Peter O'toole. Just wondering??