Ferrari of Vancouver | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Tactic, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tactic

Tactic Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Richmond.bc.ca
    Well I just got back from Weissach and I talked to one of the sale reps there. And I asked if he knew anything in regards with Brian Jessel Ferrari closing and who was going to pick up the market. And it is semi offical news that some guy from Ohio has picked up the rights..

2. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

It's ashame it wouldnt be a Canadian. Oh well.

Vasco.R

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
  4. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Who cares?? As long as the service is great, the price is right, I will go for it!!

5. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I understand, you are right. Its just nice to see it being run by our people that's all.

Any dates on when it may be re-opening??

Vasco.R

6. Tactic

Tactic Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Richmond.bc.ca
    He told me this was the most recent info he had on the entire thing. So When I hear more, I'll let you guys know. But you can be sure it'll probably be here by the time summer rolls around..

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I have heard similar rumors as well. I have also heard this gentleman is looking for both a temporary location for immediate use, and a space for longterm lease or purchase. Heard he has looking along Burrard and Broadway, wants to be near London Motor Cars, MCL and Vancouver Auto, Ltd. Makes sense, but are there really any spaces available that would be large enough around there? They would require seperate sales areas for Ferrari and Maserati, plus parts and service.

BTW, don't worry about him being American, we aren't so bad... :)
    Heck, we don't worry about all the Canadian run retail shopping malls and office projects here in Seattle! We welcome it. Just as long as it's the best person is running it, they'll get my business, regardless of ownership.

8. Tactic

Tactic Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Richmond.bc.ca

I'm pretty sure money can swing a decent place, there is that drive in dry cleaners place he could probably buy if he flashed a little cash.

9. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

LOL, Dave no worries. I know you guys are ok. And I love the way you guys do business. I have many U.S clients and friends........Just wanna see us be that successfull too.

Once again I heard Ferrari of Ontario is eyeing B.C . I heard it from a good source but he is also unsure. That's the second time I heard Remo might get in there.

Either way I hope you guys get a nice store! You guys deserve it. B.C is beautiful to begin with. And me being in the business it is a good thing, I have dealt with Exotics from out west before.

All the best.

Vasco.R

Toronto

10. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    So am I to understand from these posts made today, that the franchise is going to be in B.C., but owned by an American? If so, I'll change my frowny face :( to a happy face :) (I may have misunderstood the original comment that the entire franchise would be going down to Ohio. But it looks like that's not the case. It'll remain here. Great).

11. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I've heard everything Remo to David Ho to a US buyer........I could see the Ho empire putting up a Ferrari store.....he's got megabucks.

12. GRIESDALE

GRIESDALE Karting

Nov 12, 2001
    Lions Bay, B.C. Canada
    Full Name:
    Donald Griesdale
    David and Peter, thiese are exciting rumours!! Can't wait! Don.

13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Why does that name sound so familiar??? David Ho? Who is that?

I spoke to another good source from Vancouver today and this one is telling me it's also a guy from the U.S. No previous dealer principle experience apparently.

My sources have given me a couple of totally different answers LOL. I dont know what to say anymore, we'll just have to wait.

Vasco.R

14. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    david ho is the guy that owns mcl motorcars, and grey beverage as well. His grandfather, uncle ho, gave him all this money from when he was the distributor of tobacco in hongkong. they made lots of money from that.
    hes got his own bodyguard too!
    one of my dad's friend's gf's friend is the daughter/granddaughter (dont know which) of david ho, and she once saw her drive a black modena!

15. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Must be nice! Thanks for the info.

16. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I was at the auto show earlier today and spoke to the salesman at the Weissach Lambo display to see if he knew/heard anything about the Ferrari dealership. I think he may have known but was tight-lipped as to who. He stressed it is coming...

:)

P.S. They had a titanium Murcie and an anthracite Gallardo on display. The G looked like it had yellow leather interior. A striking combo. Looked great (how could it not with a car like that?).

17. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I heard from the Weissach people that it was a business man from Salt Lake City who has inked a deal. I also heard that they will be taking over (Parts and Service) at a temporary location by July with a new facility with sales opening by November.

I saw the Lambo's at the auto show also. Damn I forgot my camera!

DrewH

18. Tactic

Tactic Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Richmond.bc.ca
    Ya, the autoshow was pretty tame, some cool concepts

-Cadilac Sixteen
    -Dodge Tomahawk
    ect and here are some pics of the Lambo/Ruf display

19. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    hmmm....quite interesting..
    i thought brian jessel couldnt sell anymore ferrari's... but if you go to their website www.brianjesselferrari.com, you can see 2 new spiders in their inventory....i wonder where they got their cars...anybody know?

20. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    very interesting.....I think they just added the red spider to that list! so somebody has updated the inventory...Im guesssing old management is selling them out of their houses

21. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    They can sell "PREOWNED" Ferraris....just not new...which makes sense, since they don't have access to new ones anymore...

Anyone can sell used ones.

22. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    I know for fact that the 360 spider grigio is sitting at ferrari of quebec since
    early winter.

23. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    davehonda, check the website first before you say anything...
    its a 2004, which means its brand new...it says "delivery miles" too.