What is the going rate for a restored 308 Carb? | FerrariChat

What is the going rate for a restored 308 Carb?

Discussion in '308/328' started by PaulC, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I know of one that will be for sale soon. It is Azzuro and Tan. It underwent a full restoration about three or four years ago. The entire restoration is documented with pictures and the car placed in the Concurso Italiano a few years ago. It is a GTB and a carb model, are there points for rarity? I drove the car to Texas from Los Angeles with the owner in 2002 and it performed perfectly. I know that all the maintenance has been done. It just seems that the early 308 have hit a floor and I did not know if people get a premium for clean cars. Azzuro was the original color also.

2. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Steel or Glass?
    Year?
    Why would you think that early 308's have hit the floor?
    Sounds a lovely car (esp. the colour!) - buy it!

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Value added for clean cars? Sure, but open the hood too! LOL!

I'm looking, and it seems for a non cat carb car, steel is $32-34K. glass is around $36K.

I turned down a grey/black glass for $36K because no books or records, used car lot special.

On the other hand, I'm offering $36K on a '76 glass today, 12 years one owner. High mileage and other issues, but the owner was HONEST about the issues! A good jumping off spot I think.

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    A tired red/tan '76 glass struggled thru the mid twenties last week., on ebay.

Interior was worn, I didn't see what it went for at the hammer.

A steel FI car orange with painted matching wheels struggled thru Baker Jackson Miami during Sebring an d brought about $30K plus premium.

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The have "hit the floor" as far as value, and the old non cat carb cars are now passing later FI cars in price, if that's the car you want.

Care and feeding of these are obviously different than a "jump in and drive" later FI version.

6. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    anyone here in the southeast? I have a 79 308 GTS, red/tan that needs some cosmetic work...runs well...bought it with no records in 1990; car has new tires, works well, needs work on A/C...want 28,000 for it, if anyone is interested. Have too many cars, and this one has been chosen to go (the rest are all 12's) :)

7. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The owner has all books and records. He has the original 14in wheels and XWX tires. He purchased a set of the 16in wheels and tires to drive on. The engine is immaculate. It has been repainted to factory standards. The only ding the car ever got in a show was the paint color sticker is incorrect. The car is painted the original color, but the sticker used on this particular car was from a later date than 1979. It has the original carpet, new connolly leather was used on the seats. I am sure that the car could be had in the low 30s. I will post some pics when I get some. Thank you for all of the info. By the way the car is a steel/carb, Serviced by Norbert Hofer in LA until my friend bought it. Since then Ferrari of SA has been doing the service.

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've got an example with my paperwork of the older paint sticker, if you need it.

All 76 & 77s are GTBs, so the 79 GTB was lower in production numbers once the GTS was introduced.

HTH