Walter Mitty for Ferrari Club | FerrariChat

Walter Mitty for Ferrari Club

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by tspiro, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tspiro

tspiro Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    We need to show up in force for the Walter Mitty! those interested please contact Tom Spiro @ 678-891-3103 or via email at [email protected].

I propose we meet at FOA at 8Am sharp on each day and caravan to the event. then for dinner we can hang out at Chateau Elan for bite to eat! & then do it all over again the next day!

I have attached a letter from the Mitty organizers:

Please join us April 30th to May 2nd for the most exciting and largest vintage race and auto festival on the East Coast, the Classic Motorsports Magazine Walter Mitty Challenge presented by Moss Motors. Cars come from all over the United States and Canada to attend these races and enthusiast activities. Past years have seen as many as 450 different vintage race cars entered in the on-track competition and many more in various associated activities. All the classic race cars such as BMWs, Jaguars, Ferraris, Lolas, Aston Martins, Lotus, MGs, Healeys, Mustangs, Camaros, Cudas, Vetts, Minis, Triumphs, Porsches, Morgans, Formula cars and Winston Cup and Indy cars, etc. Most any marque that has ever been road raced will be there.

This year’s event, sponsored by Moss Motors, Classic Motorsports Magazine and Kumho Tires, will feature the first Auto Festival at the Mitty. Held in the track infield, there will be a virtual hurricane of auto related activities with a great gathering of car and bike clubs, car shows, parts vendors, dyno testing, auto-related seminars “For Sale” corrals, autocrosses, prize “hot laps” and car club parade laps around the Road Atlanta circuit plus many other special auto related activities and displays, all going on while you watch some great vintage and historic racing. I have extended invitations to all car clubs from Boston to Ontario, Canada to Denver to Houston to Miami. This event is going to be huge. Hotels are filling fast.

Bring your banners and display tents, the infield will hold thousands of cars and people.

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I'll be just returning from Australia and New Zealand... so I won't be able to be there. But for the rest of you, it's going to be a GREAT weekend!

I *will* be coming to Atlanta for the Challenge race May 14-16.

Mike

3. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Tom, that sounds great! We need as many Ferraris as we can get up there!! I cannot wait!!

4. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I'll be coming down from Asheville NC but in my CLK since I don't own a Ferrari yet. Maybe I can get JackRussellRacing or a few others to go with me. Never been to the Mitty, but I'm looking forward to it for sure.

Jeremy

5. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yeah bring some people!! Jeremy, your avatar is simply hilarious!

6. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I can only make it on Friday - what will be going on that day? Is there a schedule of events for each day posted anywhere?

7. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    I don't have a Ferrari, but I'd love to meet up with you guys.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'd like to go--I've enjoyed the Mitty in the past and I know a guy who's mechanic on a Corvette that usually participates--but I have a Bar Mitzvah in Boca Raton that weekend.

It's a pity, because my 328 just arrived this morning! It looks great just sitting in the garage.

I hope you do the same thing for the Ferrari Challenge weekend, because I'd like to participate.

9. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    hahaha yeah I love it. It cracks me up everytime I see it.

I'll see if anyone want to go. I've done the petit lemans for 3-4 years and sebring twice so I wanna try the mitty as well this year. Maybe we can have a meeting time/place like turn 7-8 skidpad.

Jeremy

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I'll be there all weekend. Just keep me posted on what and when.

11. tspiro

tspiro Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Advanced registration will be available shortly - if you drive your Ferrari to the event you will recieve a special admission price... TBD I will have the info by Friday this week and will post it here and try to get it up on the FCA SE site at the same time.

FOA is fine with us meeting there at say 8AM on FRI and SAT. so we can leave from there!

Spread the word .... there is supposed to be a autocourse for those of you who wish to try it out!!!!

12. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Jim you need to at least take the girl out for a short "deflowering" drive around your home!

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I was turned down by the first insurance company I applied with--their policies seemed to be more attuned to show cars--and now I'm awaiting approval from Leland West.

Until that happens, I have a garage decorated with a nice piece of Italian automotive art!

14. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    You'll find that companies like Allstate and State Farm have no trouble insuring 308's and 328's at very reasonable prices.