Monterey Historics!!! | FerrariChat

Monterey Historics!!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TheScarletStang, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    yup for sure i am going! it's featuring Ferrari this year! i hope no one else posted it before but i was wondering who else is going? it's in Mid August 13-15th. Red will be the predominant hue as Ferrari, the fabled Italian sports and racing car marque, is honored at the 31st Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races presented by Chrysler.
    http://www.montereyhistoric.com/

2. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Sean et al,

I just booked a room 5 minute from the concorso and 4 miles from the track. If any of you want to bring your Ferrari (or mustang:)and park next to mine so I dont get any door dings the place is:

Best Western Magic Carpet Lodge
    1875 Fremont Boulevard Seaside CA US
    Tel: 831-899-4221
    Reservation: 800-232-4232

The rooms are $175 a night with AAA and they have 6 left!!! Hope to see one some of your up there!

Rob

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    BW magic carpet has lame parking. I stayed there once.

4. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    is that the hotel where the parking is under it? cause if it is.....no thanks lol
    hehe i only have my car in valet watched by 24 hour security ^_^

5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Do you guys have any other suggestions for a motel? I got a room on the second floor which over looks the parking lot. the guy on the phones says it is all Ferraris and Astons during the races? i dont want to park at a big hotel cause your car is out of site and I will be gone all day anyway?

If I can see my car i will be fine plus I want to be near the concours as I dont want a long drive after I spend all night on my car!

BB what was so bad about the parking???

Rob

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Robert,

Monterey will be a zoo that week and the restaruats will be full and waiters throwing food at you. I.E. service will suck. It always does. Try the Residence inn in salinas. You have cooking facilities too. and suite like environ so someone can get up at the crack of dawn and turn lights on in one part and not disturb the sleeping wife. They claim to be trailer friendly My plans have changed due to an FCA screw-up so I'm canceling my reservation to the inn. If they are full you can have my spot there.

7. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    I typically stay at the Econo lodge on N. Fremont street.
    It is a two story motel. Last year I had a ground floor room and was always able to park my car in front of my door. It is 5 miles from the track and 2 miles from the Aquarium. They want too much money for a dumpy motel room but that is the way it is during Historics week.

To fat billy bob. You have to know the right places to find good service, good food and light crowds. It does exist.

Erich

8. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Thanks BB,

I am probably going to stay there anyway as a couple of F friends booked also. I am still looking for someone for the list who is taking a SUV or something to the track on Saturday. I refuse to park my car in the dirt. I need a ride for me and my wife, we dont ake up much room and I will pay.There is supposed to be a corral with one example of each car built but I talked to the track and to Steve Earl's wife and supposedly Ferrari hasnt decided who is going to organize it, but I am assuming FCA Pacific region. Even though my car is nice I am sure the politics will be insane. I was also thinking the car may be safer at the motel than in the infield with 50,000 people touching it??