shield adhesive | FerrariChat

shield adhesive

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by abarthracer, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    First off, I appologize if this is a repeat, but I looked in the archives and couldn't find an explicit answer.
    Can someone reccomend a proper adhesive to mount cloisinne shields on the side of a car. Is the 3M double tape the only way? I am just looking for answers, not trying to start another thread on to "shield or not to shield!" Thanks
    David

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    David,

PERHAPS silicone sealant? Not sure if that would hurt the paint, yet it is waterproof and sold in clear "color".

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Emblem adhesive is a two sided special tape, at a body shop near you.

5. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I've had those shields on my car now for 2 years, and just put them on my friends car, still there through rain, intense sun in Miami,etc., haven't moved. I used Scotch 3M mounting squares "heavy duty" holds up to 2 lbs. got them at home depot.I don't think you want a silicone adhesive on your paint,

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    just as Sindo I use the 3M outdoor rated double tape. Never had a problem. I use the one off the roill though and put it on the entire shield and then cut the excess with the cutting knife.
    Looks good and holds in place.

Other:
    You can have the fender indented and the whole thing done by a body shop. Did that on my 348 and looked great.

Martin