TR Carbonfiber/Lexan Bonnet Cover- feedback | Page 2 | FerrariChat

TR Carbonfiber/Lexan Bonnet Cover- feedback

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by johnbob, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Jon, any plans to make one for the 512TR? It would not take much to modify your mold.

2. johnbob

johnbob Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Oklahoma
    No plans as of yet. Would like to see how market responds to this component. Trying to create a line of components that update classis Ferrari styling, are funtional, but are not "permanent modifications" rather bolt-ons.

3. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Who is making the LED CHMSL for you? I ask because my company makes them OE for the Dodge Viper, and we have lots of experience with LEDs and automotive lighting applications. Check out our website at www.c-macgroup.com for more info. If we can be of service, please feel free to contact me. We build millions of these types of parts per year, right here in the US. PM me or call the office through the website if you need anything.

Regards,
    Brent Cardani

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'd like to see one of these on a Norwood Turbo TR conversion.

5. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    WOW! Spectacular! As Ferrari should've done from the factory.
    When Andre from KAZ Automotive came to Memphis to do the final fitting on my 348 for the carbon fiber interior upgrade kit he is developing, he also made a template of the rear bonnet. I wonder if he has anything on the assembly line like this for the 348?
    After seeing this, I'll call him today!
    Has anyone ever seen a Targa top in carbon fiber?

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    How is this coming along?

7. johnbob

johnbob Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Oklahoma
    Have been using the prototype with the lexan window on my driver with no problems. However we are in the process of retooling with a solid works model. Decided to go with glass using a dot matrix border (like a 360) over the lexan. Heavier but looks much cleaner. Hope to have production pieces this summer.

8. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Please keep us posted...I would be very interested in one. Thanks

9. g60racer

g60racer Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Brendan Prout
    That looks absolutely spiff-tastic! Complements the look of the TR nicely, and gives it a more updated look at the same time. Have you considered making versions for other Ferraris, like the 308 or 328?

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Please keep us updated - Can't wait for the launch!

11. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt

We have carbon fiber door sills for the TR. However, I don't list them on the website. www.maranelloauto.com Feel free to give me call to discuss pricing and availability.

John Borchelt
    Maranello Auto Sales
    650-520-4822