2005 Maserati Quattroporte 612 unveiling at FofSA | FerrariChat

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 612 unveiling at FofSA

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Schatten, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #1 Schatten, Mar 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    These photos were taken this past Friday at Ferrari of San Antonio. I'd like to thank them for their hospitality, entertainment and catering at this event. The cars will only be there until Tuesday. So if you are in the area, might want to stop by on Monday.

612 Impressions: The 612 is just gorgeous. You really need to see it ni person to believe that it is a beauty. Looking down the front fenders towards the lights - that's when it gets you. You'll also see a few shots I took of the left rear quater panel, showing the gas filler lid. It has a strange bump, which can be distracting to the lines of the car. Put there for some aerodynamic purpose, I'm sure. There's also a shot of the F1 championship badge, which is on the left of the driver. It's subtle and seems like an afterthought entirely. If it wasn't crammed in the driver's left side view, it woudl be viewable byothers who would enjoy the pride of the Ferrari champion. Also, you'll see inside the cabin, the headliner, which is a strange felt, uncommon from others I've seen. Looks out of place, but it definately brightens up the interior.

Quattroporte Impressions: Comfy, designed elegantly, but just does nothing to me. The front end might be an extreme, but it's just too strange looking, which might easily be mistaken for a Daewoo. The rear seats have a DVD player in the middle, which isn't retractable, and if not in use, it looks out of place. The instrument cluster looks fabulous! That is one thing I really do love about this car, especially how the top of the cluster is designed like a lid, more than something that integrates with the rest of the dash. The wood, the trim, the leather, the classy guages, all neat. But why did they put in the digital readout/nav center thing in the middle? It will always be there. It will not go away! They really need to hide this thing. The wheels on this car... HUGE! And the car itself is only a mere 2" longer than the 612. That should give you an idea of just how large this vehicle is.

More pictures here:
    http://www.buymeaferrari.com/gallery/fosa0304
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    man i realy want a quadraporte

3. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    You can also see it at Ferrari NA HQ right here in NJ.

4. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    why are these cars in SA?

5. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I too drove down to SA from Austin for this event. I wish I would have met you while I was there. I loved the cars and thought the dealership looked fantastic. These guys always put on a great event.

Thanks for hosting this event Ferrari of San Antonio! You guys are great. Much appreciated.

My wife and I enjoyed the new cars but the two that caught our attention the most were the red Ferrari 360 Spyder and the maroon Spyder Cambriocorsa Masserati.

It may be getting time to think about upgrading the old Testarossa.

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I think they're doing a tour of the US with them. They were in the SF Bay Area last weekend for the Challenge races at Infineon (Sears Point).

Gary

7. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    please dont put maserati and daewoo in the same sentence, u have just said that one of the sexiest sedans looks like daewoo.

ya both great cars

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yuk to the 612...The Maser is o.k. if your retired or just got the gold watch from ford.

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    khayes - ahh, I remember your TR being parked out there. I was explaining to someone there about the details that year TR, and the single side mirror as well. I also remember it being worked on during one of the Moorespeed Tech sessions. It was just up on the lift.

Scott and Serge were also there. Those were the only faces I recognized, other than the individuals at FofSA that I have seen and met on a handful of occassions.

Fun event. I darted out just a few minutes past 7pm to head down and get some grub at Casa Rio on the riverwalk. Perhaps we'll meet up next time. Familiar faces, most likely.

10. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    today around 3 i went there hopping to see the 612 when they tell me they just took it off to houston about 20 min b4 i got there, man was i mad....

11. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Sorry about that Sethmac86. Tony said it woudl be picked up on Tuesday.

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Must be same designer ... :(

Daewoo Laganza (on top ... and a lot cheaper too) and new Maserati below:

Pete

13. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    C'mon Pete, you're kidding, right?

I love both of these cars (Maser & 612, not the Daewoo). Let the sheep have their BangleMobileWagens. I'll take the the Quattroporte any day.

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Gilles27,

I'm just pointing out the amazingly similar lines of both cars. The Daewoo came out first BTW. Look at the rear door and rear wheel line ... identical!.

Every time I see this new Maserati I see the Daewoo ... as they are very common over here.

Pete

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Can I see more comparison images? i still dont see it in the deawoo.

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The rear 3/4 view is the most similar ... I'll try and find one.

Pete

17. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    So get the Daewoo and a Hyundai Tiburon and your Korean Ferrari Look-a-like collection will be complete!

18. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    I saw my first Quattroporte last weekend. Very nice car, it's more beautiful in real then on pics.