Need recommendation for car transporter.. | FerrariChat

Need recommendation for car transporter..

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Edward 96GTS, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    from Florida to bay area of Calif. Prefer single car trailer, private hauler. But, will consider larger transporters w/ excellent rating history. When car is loaded, should it be left in gear or nuetral.
    TIA

2. EHKim

EHKim Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    Socal
    Highly recommend Intercity.
    The car should be left in neutral to prevent damage to the engine.

3. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Let's share trucks... I have to move a car from Atlanta to CA... have used Exotic Car Transport in the past, but was considering on calling InterCity this time.

B.

4. dax

dax Rookie

Mar 27, 2004
    I have used Cosdel, out of San Francisco. They are a little bit more expensive but very good. I guess you get what you pay for.

5. 8943post

8943post Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Hi Guys, was searching this site for feedback on Intercity and saw your discussion. We are planning two trucks from GA/FL to So. Cal and Bay area soon. Give us a call if interested. 800-221-3936/Dave Wilson ext.101. Thanks!

6. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    I second Intercity. I've used them a few times, and they are the best. You will not find a more professional or careful company. Did exactly what they promised, when they promised.

7. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    My search for a transporter has led me to select a private, one man operation. He has an excellent reputation. His name is Gary Almond. He can be reached at (240)994-1343. If anybody has any feedback they would like to share, please post.
    I have heard very good things about Intercity. If I weren't going to use Gary, I would have called them.
    I chose Gary because he has the owner(seller) drive the car on his trailer as he watches and guides the car. It is then dropped off at the buyers location. No transferring of car to another truck or into a warehouse until another truck can deliver to destination.
    I'll post my experience soon.

8. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I use intercity exclusively. mostly between S. Cal and Phoenix. They are excellent and give you, and stick to, real specific time frames.

9. GaryA

GaryA Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Pasadena, MD
    Full Name:
    Gary Almond
    Thanks for the plug Edward. I've transported many high-dollar and specialty cars (mostly Vipers). I'm a Viper owner with one of the fastest street Vipers in the world and have a very high standard of service.

Here is a link to a post by my latest very satisfied customer. He bought a Viper from the Nelson collection (Lambo dealer in Ohio):

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=386055&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=385740&Search=true#Post386055

And I've gained a certain amount of notoriety for a unique trailer camera system that allows me to keep an eye on the car while I'm transporting it. The following link shows pictures of my setup:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=385627&page=8&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Feel free to call me or email me if you have any questions. My prices are very competitive and I can always provide better service than all the big guys.