October factory tour | FerrariChat

October factory tour

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by matkat, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Anyone here going on this trip?

2. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I don't know.

When the applications were received I immediately wrote back saying I was available for April and October. Heard nothing and assumed for the 4th year on the trot I had missed out. I then made plans for the end of April only for:

a) Jos van de Perre (London FOC organiser) to then advise there were spaces and
    b) see on the FOC website that it got cancelled due to lowl numbers.

I will have to phone FOC to see whether they have put me through to October automatically and thus didn't want to revert regarding April

Izza

3. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Izza,I done the same thing,waited and nothing came.However saw on the FOC site that places were available so called them and they said that there were spare places available for both dates so you should be on the trip that you specified,they asked me if I wanted the April slot but I was not available so I got the OCT as I requested.
    Dave Mc

4. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I'll call them - thanks for the tip.

5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Hi All,

I believe you don't hear anything initially about the factory tours because they wait to see how many people want to go on each date before they confirm. I understand they are now sending out the forms to those who have applied.

I think for the first time all the tours were not fully subscribed. In fact one of the two April dates has had to be cancelled. I think there might still be one or two spaces for April so if any FOC members want to go but haven't yet booked it might be worth calling the office (01485 544 500).

Jonathan

6. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Just to clarify,I got my confirmation slip last Saturday.

7. dodi0963

dodi0963 Rookie

Jan 29, 2004
    Cotswolds
    Full Name:
    James
    I have just had my confirmation for October

I joined the FOC in January but have been a little surprised at the lack of communication.

How often do the magazine and newsletters come out - I thought the last one was December ????

8. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I have just received my confirmation for April.

Problem number one - I gave up waiting and now have plans for that weekend. I have asked to be transferred to October.

Problem number two - I am hoping to make a break of it in Italy and during the holiday meet at the factory. However, the FOC are forced (due to possible liabilities as tour organisers) to use an independent travel agents. End result there are no variations or prices for not following the fixed itinerary.

hoep to sort this shortly and see you there later this year!!

9. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    My wife runs a travel agency, so if the FOC want to she could in future put together packages with much more flexibility - The Tour Organiser thing depends on how you are licensed, but if you approach things in the right way most things are possible.

10. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Cheers for that - call me naive/purist but I do enjoy trips organised by fellow enthusiasts. Legalities now prevent the larger ones and until you know the organisers the whole enjoyment is somewhat tarnished. I was was disapppointed to find the FOC Le Mans trip was not an FOC organised trip where the FOC's status had been used to get a special privilege but merely a set package already put together by one company that just writes to different marques each year.

I'll stop whinging now.........

11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    James,

The latest colour mag was sent out a couple of weeks ago. If you subscribed but haven't received it call the office (01485 544 500). The next Ferrari News is due fairly imminently, I believe. You should have had a welcome letter and membership card shortly after you joined. Again, if that's not the case call the office.

Jonathan

P.S. with regard to the comments made by others about the organization of the tours, I understand from the Club Secretary that these have to be dealt with by an ABTA bonded company, which the Club is not. Hence, the Grand Touring Club handle things after the initial bookings.

P.P.S. Izza, are you sure you can't vary the itinerary? I did the Factory tour via the owners' website in January for the same reason (where the cost only covered the actual tour and I made separate arrangements for driving down etc.), but was subsequently told by the Club Office that I could have driven down and not done the flight if I'd gone via the FOC. I will check.