Carbon Fiber Racing Seats in a 360 | FerrariChat

Carbon Fiber Racing Seats in a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by scott63, Nov 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I saw a 360 today that had the carbon fiber racing seats in it. I find them to be very good, although they take a bit of time to get used to... What is your opinion on them? Do they affect resale value at all (either positively or negatively)

Thanks,
    Scott

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I acrually really like them but I was told by two dealers that they have a very hard time selling the cars with those seats. They are a big negative on the resale.

3. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Scott
    Last year my dealer had a used spider for sale with only 200 miles. The car had the carbon fiber race seats and the owner hated them enough to trade the car in. The dealer said the seats are a difficult resale.

4. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Carbon seats work great. There is no law that says you have to throw the stock seats away :) It should only take a couple of hours, or less, to change them out.

Rick

5. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

It's really a double edged sword when you have those seats in a car IMHO.

The sporting driver (for lack of a better term) will pay up the extra $$$ for a car with them, and the car will sell faster IMHO as well, since it is more unique. I am speaking from experience here in re-selling a couple of used 360's in the last 12 months with those seats.

The comfort driver (again, for lack of a better term) will stick with the regular seats. BTW, it's really easy to switch someone into the sport seats unless they have physical challenges like size or body articulation.

If anything, the outdated styling of the "Daytona" seats in a modernist car like the 360, especially with "piping and colored seat inserts", are the biggest problem a 360 Modena can have, and I will not inventory a car with them unless it's about $10K LESS than I would pay for a car with regular seats. Those are a really tough sell.

I'd pay more for a car with sport seats as well.

Again......it's just one opinion about a marketplace that could be different from your own locale.

6. Tim

Tim Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    I agree with KDS. those dated daytona seats have got to go.

I currently have the race seats from the factory, installed at the factory and covered in leather same as the rest of the interior. these seats are by far the most comfortable seats in the car, performance driver or not. the stock seats feel like you are sitting on top of them instead of in them. the racing seats put you in them and you feel much more comfortable, like your being held in. they also look incredible in the car and match the looks of the car. if they are a different color than the interior of the car then I think they would be a detractant.

7. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #7 Jack(LA), Nov 16, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    #8 bboxer, Nov 16, 2003
    I've had mine for 3 years, they sure look good but my lower back suffers. The 550"Barchetta" seats have the same shell but are better padded and have less of a slanted lower seat. If I had my choice again, those are the ones I would go for. I recently discussed trading my car with my local dealer and they actually thought the sports seats will help the value.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    Jack, yours are not the 360 optional sports seats but Barchetta seats, right ?

10. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Agree with bboxer. I like the one on 550 better than 360s.

Somehow seat feels to follow my back contour more on the 550. Looks very nice on barchetta's

11. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #11 Jack(LA), Nov 16, 2003
  12. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    I just sat in a Stradale and the seats are to die for!!! I hate the stock seats in my 360. The bolsters impinge upon my mid back and make anything more than an hour in the car simply unbearable. The Stradale seats felt like they were made for ME.

If anyone knows where I can get tan leather covered Stradale (style) seats, PLEASE let me know!

Russ

13. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Rode in Norman's car several times, has the factory sport seats. A must have, and right on the edge of being comfortable for the street.

Their support is also amazing, and involve you in the car.

NOTE: The 360 sport seats come in at least 3 different sizes, specified by the buyer at order time!!!

THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME, and fitiment is VERY important. Beware buying used, esp if you have sat in someone's car with "large" seats and buy a car with 'small' seats only seeing pictures, and thinking you are getting the same thing.

As always, ask for details. Anyone know of identifying marks?

Best!
    Ben.

14. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    I notice the seat cushion stitching is different in the pics posted by bboxer and Jack(LA). My seats look like bboxer's. I wonder how Jack's seats are specified differently.

BTW. I love my sport seats. Wouldn't have the car any other way.

15. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    IF there is a dealer out there that would like to swap out the racing seats for stock ones I will buy or trade mine. I would love to have those seats in my car.

16. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    I love the sport seats, and actually find them much more comfortable than the standard factory seats.

Ernesto

17. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I replaced my standard seals with Sparco Milano seats - virtually the same as Ferrari racing seats except plastic rather than carbon fibre (which obviously doesn't affect comfort). kept the originals for resale time.

18. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    Love the Carbon seats on the Coupes.. They don't belong in a spyder..

My 2 cents..

19. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I have the carbon fiber racing seats,covered in leather, also and like them alot and find them very comfortable. At first I was not sure if I would but am glad that I got them. They are an expensive option. The stock seats are really not that comfortable. After seeing the seats in a Stradale and Enzo they are very similar. The seats also give a very sporty look.

20. jwkc

jwkc Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    HONG KONG,Philippine
    Full Name:
    JOSEPH
    Any pictures ???

21. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    As for photos - I have not any yet but when London weather improves and I get the spider out (2005 based on the view from my window!) I will get some posted.

Cost wise they came in at £550 plus fitting £100 (time and brackets). Since I intend to swap back to original seats for resale a much better option than the authorised dealer quote of nearly £7000 for Ferrari ones!!

22. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    We're talkin', what, next July? :)

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    time correction

24. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Pictures of Sparcos

25. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    ... are on the way once I get this attachment business sorted!