Help Develop FerrariChat.com Rules and Punishment… | FerrariChat

Help Develop FerrariChat.com Rules and Punishment…

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Auraraptor, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Please help develop the Ferrarichat forum rules. Anything you should be added, removed etc, please post in this thread. Thanks all!

(Special thanks to Solipsist for the base on which the rules were made)

Forum Rules: All members please read

We welcome you to participate in Ferrarichat on-line community. However, there are a few rules/guidelines that must be followed in order to maintain your active membership with this message board.

Ferrarichat strives to provide the highest quality community experience for all of our members. These rules/guidelines will be the best way to maintain quality for all members.

1. We encourage members to use our community as a forum to debate and discuss heated issues, but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. There may be users that are at work, school, or some public access location. For this reason, if you find a post that you feel needs to be addressed by a moderator for breaking one of the forum rules, please report it ASAP, as we do not always have time to read through every thread.

2. Threatening members, or attacking members personally, will NOT be tolerated. This is grounds for an immediate ban.

3. Racism of any form will NOT be tolerated. Both gender and religious bigotry of any form will NOT be tolerated. This is grounds for an immediate ban.

3. If you are a long-standing member please act like one. Lead by example and assist other newer members rather than attacking them. We look upon our senior members to use this opportunity to teach the newer members the appropriate way to use these message boards. Keep in mind; a board is only as good as its members.

4. Topic discussions (Posting in a particular forum need to stay on that particular subject): If you want to talk about something that is not on the same subject, create a new topic in its correct forums. Mod/admin may move topics to the correct forum without any prior notice. If you think a thread does not belong in a certain area please report the thread, rather then posting "off-topic" a number of times, .

5. No spamming. Please do not use this board to advertise for another board or business. Contact the admins for promotional information. If you want to advertise a special that your shop is having than please also contact an admin. Mods and admins have the right to remove any of these topics without notification.

6. Adult Contents: Please post adult content in the correct forums. Please start the thread with “NWS:" followed by the thread title on the subject title so members that are on the board from work, school, or any public location is aware of the topic. Within the topic itself, no nudity must be shown. Links are acceptable. If images are too risqué, mod/admin may remove/edit topics without any prior notice. Failure to follow these guidelines are the grounds for an immediate ban.

Ferrarichat actively enforces these general rules/guidelines. These rules can be updates/edited/changed at any give time without prior notices. Members are responsible for their own actions, comments, and posts. Ferrarichat will not be held liable for any actions caused by any member.

As stressed before, Ferrarichat has an open door policy. Please feel free to contact the site administrators/moderators at any time with your comments, suggestions, or concerns. Again, if you find a post that you feel needs to be addressed by a moderator for breaking one of the forum rules, please report it ASAP

2. fj0

fj0 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mario B
    Sounds good to me.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    In item 2, edit......, "will NOT be tolerated." Missing a word there I think.

Sad to have to spell all this out, eh? I don't think they teach manners and decorum in school anymore!

Good work, Rob. My .02.

We've got a flame war now in ANGEL HAIR SCRATCHES thread, for Pete's sake!

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You didn't really spell out the intent to refrain from profanity or references to normal or abnormal sexual behavior between two (or more) consenting adults, if you REALLY wanted to spell out the intent, ya know! ;)

Now excuse me. I have to finish oiling up these two female dwarf strippers.

5. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Sounds easy to live by to me.

6. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    "We've got a flame war now in ANGEL HAIR SCRATCHES thread, for Pete's sake!"

My fault, for calling dude out!

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    No worries, Dave. you just said what I was thinking!!!

"Get some clay and buff it, man!"

Down here on the Texas coast, you'd have to use a new Griot's towel every day of your life to avoid it. I just wash the car from the roof going down.

My carbs look kinda like clumped up oysters. Helps to seal the leaky cross shafts!

8. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    If there is a flame war, guys please report the post! That way we can get there ASAP.

Thanks for the correction, I updated the rules with the missing 'will.'

9. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    "but please user proper adjectives to express yourself."

The word 'user' should be 'use'.

What do you mean by proper? Nonprofane?

10. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Is there a "set" way to report a post/thread?

Maybe we should have a button or something that links to a form that automatically notifies the moderator with the post/thread and comments on why it should be looked at.

I don't know if it's too much of a hassle to do, but it would standardize things some and make it easier for the people who don't know who the moderators are.

11. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #11 Auraraptor, Mar 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for the typo. As for proper, its supposed to be open ended. That way what some see as art we can have. The final choice is Rob's though on what stays or doesnt.

We do have a button!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The Purpose of such a forum as FC, correct me if I am Wrong . is to share with others world wide the significance of caring for and learning about ,in our case Ferrari automobiles.I inquired About ANGEL HAIR SCRATHCHES on an up beat positive note to recieve not deflect significant methods of caring for my Ferrari. I did not Ask for sarcasm nor cynisism...Some may see a post as this as an oppurtunity to ridicule or intimidate others for their own shortcomings. I pity such Boring People.
    I BELIEVE THE TITLE CAPTION OF F CHAT RULES AND PUNISHMENT SHOULD BE...............If You Have Nothing Good Or Positive To Say ...Say Nothing At All................

Michael

13. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    is the no racism rule new? because unfortunatly I have seen this from some members yet it seems to go unchecked.

14. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Tom, if you see it report it. Reporting in anonymous.

15. Modena 360

Modena 360 Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Central Pa
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I BELIEVE THE TITLE CAPTION OF F CHAT RULES AND PUNISHMENT SHOULD BE...............If You Have Nothing Good Or Positive To Say ...Say Nothing At All................

I agree with this. I've seen it so many times where a question is asked and there is always someone who says something sarcastic then the whole thread goes into a diffrent direction. The purpose of this forum is for the enthusiast to gather information from other enthusiasts. If your writing a post you should at least feel comfortable to the fact that you will receive an intelligent answer, not be flamed.
    Thanks,
    Tom

16. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    "I BELIEVE THE TITLE CAPTION OF F CHAT RULES AND PUNISHMENT SHOULD BE...............If You Have Nothing Good Or Positive To Say ...Say Nothing At All"

Maybe we could add to that, don't post questions that have been repeatedly asked over and over and over, without First, doing a search with the very powerful and functional "Search Tool"...

17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I think this needs expanding to include genderism and religion-ism.

Sort of makes EllenLameBro redundant does it not?

18. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I still like the idea (endorsed by a few of you) that we have certain perennial topics (e.g.,F1 v. 6 speed) shown in a semi-permanent box. Users can be encouraged to read these first before posting further on such a topic. It seems like telling folks to go search is taken the wrong way sometimes, and much of the ground has been covered before.

19. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    I think you should also filter out posts by people who can not find the caps lock on their keyboard. Posting messages in all capital letters is the rude-ness equivalent of yelling.

20. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Added "Gender and religious bigotry of any form will NOT be tolerated."

21. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Doesn't it suck that we actually have to remind some people of this?

22. Sin

Sin Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey Rob on our boards we have a warning system, 3 warnings and your banned, break a rule and you get a warning, or if you do something really bad then you pretty much get banned straight away. We also do not allow any free email accts for people to register with, which keeps down the people resigning up. If you want a list, let me know and I will email or post or all free email addresses.

cheers

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Just going to make the comment that I'm here, just not providing input yet. I actually haven't even read the posts yet. I like for the community to take it as far as it can and then I'll step in and give my view. Thanks everyone for the input!

24. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Perhaps warnings for responding to trolls...You can have someone on your ignore list, but when people quote, you still see their Lame-baiting. Or make chronic trolls unquoteable? Defeats Ignore feature.

Race, religion are absolutely grounds for banning. Ellen mocked the Holocaust, and is still here, bless his little misanthropic heart.

The Olsen twins posted by Lame-o is mysogynist and racist at same time.

25. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Got a question.

For #2 rule: "........attacking members personally, will NOT be tolerated".
    You know the lamarossa bashing thread, does some posts qualify for personal attack? you know the "why is the girl with him" and "want to see naked pic of his girl" and etc?

Should those be tolerated, or no?