GLUE !! | FerrariChat

GLUE !!

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by rr1973, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Dear Friends:
    I bought a Ferrari 250 GT very old from Jouef, But some tires are out of his position. I need a glue to try to fix it. Can you recommend some good glue for this work and where can I buy it?

Thanks a lot !!

Ramon.

2. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Hey Ramon.

When I use glue - I use this one, strong as s**t - dont get it on your fingers.
    Its a super glue which is best on plastic/plastic.
    Theres a small brush on the inside of the cap, (like when the women do their nails)
    The bottle contain 28 ML - so you'll have it 4ever.
    "HUMBROL" in England make this stuff.
    Hope this helps you :)

Paul
    www.SuperCarCrash.com

3. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez

Thanks Paul for info but Im in USA, Do you know some plastic to plastic here?

4. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Hi
    I'm sorry, but I'm not so familiar with the American "glue marked" but I know that this "HUMBROL" is a well known company in the model building business.
    You can also check out your local hardware store, see if they might help you - I know I bought my "acid" for paint removal there, so I dont see any reason why they shouldnt have a strong plastic to plastic glue there also.

Paul
    www.SuperCarCrash.com

5. carl63_99

carl63_99 Karting

Oct 22, 2001
    Look in the phone book under Hobbies, and go find some plastic cement. Most hobby shops carry something like Amdrol or similar product that is very good on plastic to plastic joints. If you can't or don't want to do this, superglue from the supermarket checkout impulse area will suffice, just use a tiny dab, so you don't get the frosting effect common with superglues.

6. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Thank you Carl

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Your typical plastic model cement like "Testors" will work, available at any hobby store even at WallMart. Plus has added benefit that you can "huff" it!! LOL (just kidding)

8. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Thanks tifosi I have a WalMart store very close to my house. Thanks..