April Fools day: Who here is a prankster? | FerrariChat

April Fools day: Who here is a prankster?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Beside myself, who here is into pranks on April Fools day? How far will you go? How far have you gone with a good prank? Last year, I went to my brother's house about 2:00AM and took the wheels off his car and left it on blocks in his driveway! Talk about pissed! Hooooowweeee!

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Well, I guess I won't do anything funny this year. Last year I turned FerrariChat.com into DesChat.com for a day.

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    i have my moments... and that is ALL i am going to say :)

4. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    one of my business partners once asked me to go get some chicken, I told him who does he think I am, so a few days later i put 10 live chickens in his office before he got there, talk about a mess but it was funny.

john

5. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002

6. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I love pranks and practical jokes in general. I'll build them up for months if need be just to make them spectacular. I'm patient, deliberate, and I love a good laugh. :)

Unfortunately, I always forget to time my pranks for April Fools Day!!!

7. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Ok. sick AF joke (although this may loose something when typed as opposed to saying the joke out loud):

A blind little girl is upset and complaining to her mother how sad she is that she is blind. Her mother informs her that there's some new creams that, if rubbed in her eyes, will make her see again. To that, the little girl is so excited. She anxiously rubs the cream in her eyes, while complaining that it burns, then goes to bed. The next morning, the little girl goes into her mom's room and cries "mommy, mommy, I still can't see". Her mom says "I know honey, April Fools!!!!!"

ha,ha, ha.................

Pretty sick, huh?!

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sick... but I laughed heartily.

I once had a friend's mom pretend to be a librarian and call another friend saying that we had registered a joint account at the local library with his name, and that we had $100+ in overdue books he had to pay for (supposedly books on bikinis, hair replacement, picking up women, etc.). It was a stretch but he bought it for a day or two- that night he called yelling at me, I just said, "hey man, you've got money... you can cover it." He was maaad. Sounds lame now, but it worked for a while.

I've got something small in the works for AF.

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    4Resa..its bot a nive tging ti makw fum od blund peiplr@

10. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    LOL!!!

I love this place!!!!!

:)

11. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    When I was growing up I used to play a few pranks on April Fool's Day. The most memorbale was when I put beef bouillon cubes in my sister's shower head. She smelled like beef all day and could not figure out why. A few weeks later I told her what I did, needless to say, she was pretty ticked.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I caught 2 dozen lightning bugs and released them in my sisters room, the bugs didn't bother her as much as the grass I dumped on her bed from the jar. :)

When I would go to bed as a kid my mom and dad would come in to wish me good night. I put pillows under the covers and when they kneeled by my bed I jumped out of the closet to scare them.

A few times a year I call coworkers and tell them in a serious made up voice that it's security and their car has been towed.

Our entire team played a joke on our manager and director, we brought them to a room with 20 employees and all of us said we had been developing software on company time and were leaving.

13. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    My brother and I have been playing pranks on each other and other people for years. I think his better one was he said he'd make a mud pie for his class day. No one took him seriously so they gave him the premade crust and he put mud in it. He covered it up in toppings and set it out on the table for the party. It got as far as onto someone's plate before they realized it was really mud.

The other one was a colaboration between me and a couple of friends. Our school lockers were outdoors and bolted into the wall. We came in the night before and moved all of the lockers one notch over. It was just enough to block the main door to the office. That sure got a laugh, at least out of the student population.

14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    A few years ago I worked with a guy that was a real jerk. He was never nice to anybody until he needed you for something, then he was your best friend. This guy also couldn't type. He was a 'hunt and peck' typist, always bent over his keyboard looking for the letters he needed. On April fools, the IT guy and I went into his office and switched his 'M' and his 'N' keys on his keyboard. For the next couple of days, all his emails were wrong.

They looked sonethimg like this. The sane errors kept happemimg. He fimally subnitted a request to IT to have his conputer fixed.

The IT guy that fixed it was the same one that conspired with me in the first place. He told the guy he'd need his computer for most of the day. It was priceless to see his face.

15. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    An easy one is to buy a Big Gulp or some other 32oz-64oz drink from a convenience store. Glue a magnet inside the empty cup on the bottom, glue the plastic lid (or some lids just snap in place pretty securely, add straw and voila...a cheap laugh when you put it on the roof of your car and drive around. People will be honking or gesturing trying to get your attention, looking silly in the process. Warning...this stunt won't work on your Modenas or Corvettes. Works best in urban, heavily populated areas, college towns. Enjoy!!

KevFla

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Now the memories are starting to come back...

Taping the bottom of your victims straw when they aren't looking.

Poking a hole in the edge of the drink so it spills on them when they sip. This one is funny because they'll keep trying it thinking it's just them being clumsy.

Never did myself, but someone in high school made a cake loaded with ex-lax for the teachers.

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    A few years ago when I lived in the dorms, we tied one of our buddies trucks to a tree. But the jackass that tied the knot didn't do it very well b/c it came right off.

18. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Back in my early twenties there were 4 guys who had this 4 bedroom apt. It was usually quite the party location but we would do anything for a good joke.

One time we moved all the furniture out into the storage area outside the apt so the one guy who was away for the weekend would think we all moved out on him.

another time we Crazyglued one of the bedroom doors shut with the occupant inside

but by far my favorite was one of the guys (Jeff) and his girlfriend would come in talk for a second and head into the bedroom.... Every night the same thing... Hi slam
    Well just after halloween someone had some glow in the dark fingernail polish and we took it and went into his bedroom and painted just the tips of the stucco celling. When the light was on you couldn't see it but as soon as the light went out it looked like you were sleeping under a really eerie green starlit sky... One of the guys also took the time to paint ****** on the light fixture.... Anyhow Jeff and Fran came in Hi slam.... 10 or so min later WHAT THE HELL!!!!! and she was laughing so hard I thought she was going to puke. Jeff came storming out expecting to get one of us but we all played dumb, Meanwhile Fran managed to get a breath and kept gasping "P...P....Penis"
    we had to, of course, ask jeff if she always reacted this way to his penis...

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ahh, dorm pranks...

Filling up a trash can with water and tilting it on the door so when they open it falls in on them.

Same idea, but tape frame from bottom up and fill with packing material, it falls in once they open.

The old haul the drunk roomie outside bed and all. A little meaner in Boston weather. :)

Fishing string to the dollar sitting outside the entrance to the dorm. "Ohh look, a dollar!" <YANK>

20. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Hey Rob this was Nova Scotia in the winter and yes we did get one passed out friend out on the fire escape

21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    10 guys, watching movie in a dark room... one charitable friend brings out brownies.

"These raisins taste like bugs or something..." I said to my friend next to me.

He went over and turned the light on.

Silkworms. Looked like plump football-shaped brown potato bugs. Apparently, they're a delicacy in Korea, and someone brought them back from a business trip.

2-3 guys ran dry heaving.

22. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I like to invite unsuspecting FerrariChat members to dinner and tell them the salsa is mild :D

In all seriousness i have one planned for a coworker tommorow that whined and cried at a recent staff meeting :D

23. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Pretty easy prank, back when I was in High School (people were even less technologically saavy, which also helped)...

There was a girl I was friendly with who just got her license and probably shouldn't have. She was a horrendous driver. I can't even describe how incredibly terrible she was. One day, after almost killing a few of us in a near accident she would have caused, I came home and got my revenge... I sent her an email with a faked address header to make it look like it came from the NJ DMV. It said that due to the abnormally high complaints they received from people on the road regarding her driving and because someone had reported the near accident she caused, they would be revoking her driver's license. She of course believed it was real. Classic.

24. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The worst prank that I can remember in collage. Hmmm…. I going to regret telling you guys this but here it goes. I took a stool sample & placed it into a Dixie cup, broke into my RA’s room then placed it in his air vent, it must have stayed in there for a while. Keep in mind that this was during the winter so the heater was on. He never had many people visit his room, something about the smell. I wonder why?