Pls urgent help with options for june del spider | FerrariChat

Pls urgent help with options for june del spider

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by bigmoose, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigmoose

bigmoose Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    London and Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    CT
    hi guys
    further to my last thread and through the inside contact of joe(360spider)
    i am fortunate to have been offered a 360 spider for june del

i have to decide on the spec latest by 2nd april
    here is what i have been able to think of:-

exterior and color:-
    1. color : blue tdf
    2. scuderia badges
    3. modular wheels : can someone pls advice... the option price is 1622 pounds
    does any body know what the retrofit cost might be ...so i can have 2 sets of wheels and tyres
    4. brake callipers in red

Interior and material
    1. dash color :pls advise ...cause i think it will have blue carpets so i could specify blue leather
    2.color for steering wheel: any comment ?
    3. leather : crema with blue stiching
    4. roll bar upholstery: crema with blue stiching
    5. seat piping : not particularly fond of it ...pls feel free to comment
    6. dedication plate? sorry lads ..pls pardon my ignorance ...what is this ?
    can have it in honour/dedication to my wife for letting me have 2 ferraris?

equipment and travelling
    1. prewiring and battery charger: dont know if i need to pay 500 pounds for this ...my modena doesnt have this and all bought is a charger for 50 quid and it works fine....but gentlemen... pls yr experiences
    2. 6 cd changer: ???? for what?
    3. navigation systen: has anybody had this option...would like to know abt yr experience...i have hand held that i could use if i really need it
    4. hifi with subwoofer: does it take up any usable space ? pls comment

lastly boys ..the car is offered at list ... but the del charge at 3k i think is a bit over the top ...any thing to be saved there?... promise will put the saving to good use.......'windmills or fyeo' with the boys
    tks to all in advance for their help
    sorry abt the smiley(i still dont know how they work)
    best to all as always
    cheta timblo

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi mate,
    long time no spk!
    For me, i would have these options/colour combo;
    TDF/Tan
    Scud badges
    Rear Challenge grill
    Red calipers
    Standard wheels
    Tan dash ?
    CD/Sub woof-cos you are well street, innit !
    Sat nav-why not?
    Dedication plate - in praise of your wife's tolerance!
    DON'T pay over list;new model on way .Spend £3k taking your old mates Joe and Tony to some exotic dancing place......

Kind regards.

3. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    I would get tan instead of crema with blue carpets. But its up to you. Congrats.

4. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The calipers might look better in aluminium rather than red and would go very well with modular wheels (get them with the car - it's cheaper when you also factor in the cost of the rubber you'll need)

I think blue/crema is great. Any other colour then the stiching might be unnecessary. Noticed some people suggested tan. With this colour I think the blue stiching is a cost you could save.

For me I'd forget the roll bar on the spider but I've not had the spider so would suggest others might be better for comment here.

Piping on your colour combo (even with tan) won't buy you much resale, well none.

Forget the dedication plate 'I bought this car' is a bit over the top and the next owner wouldn't appreciate it.

There are cheaper after market battery chargers.

Sat nav is something some like but not a really big deal on an Fcar - needed on a Merc and perhaps even a porker. Soem people like it but Wazza found a way to after market fit it anyway so you could consider that route.

Forget upgraded stereo the subwoofer is a dog and the motor is a the sweetest sound. Top down why scare the neighbours