Any place in Houston to buy 1/18th models | FerrariChat

Any place in Houston to buy 1/18th models

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by PaulC, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am looking for a place that carries the 1/18 die cast models in Houston. Does anybody know of a place?
    Thanks

2. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann

There is a place which I just left today, which is Toy's,Trains, Planes and More located on Westheimer and Fondren, which has only the 1/43 scale Ferraris, but they do have an assortment of F1 and others in the 1/18 scale.

There is another Hobby shop Located on Chimney Rock, i can't remeber the name off the top of my head, they too have an assortment of 1/18 models as well as slot cars, model kits Etc. another large store.

Then, there is always the online store Adkinsstore.com

My best luck has been with the online stores. It is very rare for me to
    find ferraris that I am looking for in any of the hobby shops. More than 3/4ths' of my collection have been online buys including ebay, which I just scored a 1/18 ferrari 288 GTO Evolutione made by Jouef for $40.00 and $20.00 for shipping.

3. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Dear Paul: The best way to find Ferrari in any scale is the Internet. The Hobby shops doesn't inventory and they are very expensive.. Almost all my collection I bought in Ebay...

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Trains and Planes is about the best, World Toys in the Rice Village kick started my collection years ago, but sadly they are long gone.

I like EWA for selection too (on the net now, they used to mail a HUGE catalog!) Do a Google on them.

Rarely KayBee or Big Lots will have something, but not much lately!