Ferrari Detail Day at Meguiar's | FerrariChat

Ferrari Detail Day at Meguiar's

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by FL 355, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    I was talking to Mike at Meguiars, thought I would pass this along... sounds interesting...but I'm in FL.....

Ferrari Detail Day at Meguiar's

On April 17th, 2004 Meguiar’s will proudly host a hands-on detailing “How-To” class for Ferrari owners here at our Irvine location.

Donuts and coffee will be served at 8:30am with class starting at 9:00am sharp. and continuing until the last man standing. Pictures of the event will be posted to Meguiar’s online discussion forum under the Car Crazy Events & People

This hands-on how-to class will cover both the basics of detailing as well as some advanced techniques and procedures for detailing every inch of your Ferrari. Hands-on demonstrations include how to take your Ferrari’s finish to it's maximum potential.

Topics include,

* Meguiar’s 5-step paint care cycle
    * Meguiar’s Consumer line of products including the new NXT Generation line of products
    * Meguiar’s Professional line, including, Nikken Finishing papers, Compounds, Cleaner/Polishes, Pure Polishes, and Paint Protectants, as well as using Meguiar’s foam pad technology.
    * Techniques for using your hands, rotary buffers and the Porter Cable Dual-Action Polisher will be discussed and demonstrated.

Each attendee will receive a Meguiar’s gift bag for attending. You are encouraged to bring your Ferrari, and if you have any isolated defects, such as an isolated scratch in your hood, door, or other panel, we will do our best to massage it out using Meguiar's Unigrit Finishing papers, diminishing abrasives compounds and cleaner/polishes and Meguiar’s Soft Buff foam pad technology.

If you would like to attend the Ferrari Detail Day at Meguiar’s in Irvine, CA, or for more information, please contact

Mike Phillips
    1-800-854-8073 ext. 189
    E-mail - [email protected]

Or,
    Dom Vitarella

E-mail = [email protected]

Meguiar’s address for Mapquest Driving Directions

Meguiar’s Inc
    17991 Mitchell South
    Irvine, CA 92614

Looking forward to seeing here!

Kind regards,

Mike Phillips

I need anyone that's interested in attending to coordinate with Dom whose e-mail is listed above. We try to hold these to a maximum of 30 people.

Thanks!

2. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Sent my email!

3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    If you are interested in attending, please send an e-mail to me, and not Mike at meguiars. This event is limited to about 30 people/cars, so I would like to keep track of the numbers, rather than having two lists of attendees.

Byron, do you want to chime in here?

Dom

4. MT360

MT360 Rookie

Feb 1, 2004
    Newport Beach, Calif
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I sent an email today. Let me know if yu did or did not receive it. thanks

5. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Sounds very cool. My dad would be very interested, this is exactly what he is looking for, how to detail the Ferrari. I will be sure to bring it up to him ASAP.

-David

6. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey All,

Just so there is no confusion, I wanted to clarify that this is the same event that Byron may have mentioned earlier. So, if you want to sign up, please send me an e-mail. We are limited to 30 people. I will send out a confirmation to people that have e-mailed.

This is a great event!! I attended one of these for Mercedes owners a couple months ago, and learned alot about detailing. Mike Phillips at meguiars really knows his stuff about detailing, and is really enthusiastic about teaching others.

Is there any interest in meeting somewhere prior to the event and driving in together? I know that the coffee bean is a popular meeting spot, we could all meet there and drive up together (should be a short drive).

Dom

7. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    Too bad it's the same weekend as the Long Beach Grand Prix. I have taken cars over there to remove the build up of spots on various cars and they always took care of the problem . I guess it would help if I washed my cars more often.

8. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Glad to see the level of interest out there in LA LA Land..I'm originally from Hermosa Beach.

Yes, send email to Dom - otherwise Mike will just have to forward it to me and we're just spinning our wheels.

After the event if anyone tries their new NXT Wax, please post something here as a follow up with your comments.

Thanks y'all
    Frank

9. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hey everyone -
    I may have spoken to a few of you already about this event... this "detail day" is a great way for all of us to learn a little more about how we can keep our cars looking museum quality! :) hehe...

From what I hear, the instruction is very good and the accomodations at meguiar's are first-rate.

Thanks Dom for setting this up for all of us!! Count me in. For some of us that have never been there before....do you want to meet up beforehand and drive in together? since the venue is in Irvine, why don't we just do our usual coffee bean at alton/jeffrey, say 8am?

Byron

10. EVO8

EVO8 Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Cerritos, LA
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Is this detail day only for Ferraris?

Philip

11. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    This event is open to all exotics, but of course, ferrari's will be given preference. So far, we have a nice listing of Ferrari entrants, including 2 GT4's :), a couple of 360's, 308s, 328, F40!, Mondial, and a 67GTC.

Nothing like the site of about 30 freshly detailed ferrari's!!

I'm really looking forward to this event.

Dom

12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    An F40? I'd be currious to see their solutions for CF and CF painted panels.

13. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
  14. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    How about Crystal Cove at 7, breakfast, coffee, chit chat, etc. Then a run up to Irvine after that?

15. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I could do crystal cove then the meguiars event. The event starts around 8:30ish, so we can all depart CC together.

BTW, I have sent out confirmations to all that had e-mailed me previously. If you did not get a confirmation when you sent your e-mail to me, please e-mail me again.

We still have a few more spots open, so if interested, please shoot me an e-mail.

So far, we've got a great mix of Fcars, so it should be a really cool event.

Dom

16. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Just another note: You probably want to wash your car the day before (or at least have it relatively clean). There are some facilities for washing at the meguiars site, but we will probably want to spend time detailing rather than washing.

Dom

17. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    Mike from Meguires sent me and two friends an invitation directly. You recommend we still have you confirm our plan to attend? We were planning on meeting you at CC on Saturday. Shoot me an email if you could. TY

18. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Yes, we still have some space. I just PM'd you. Please send me an e-mail or PM with your friends names and what cars you are bringing so I can add it to my master list.

Dom