360 owners, would you do this? | FerrariChat

360 owners, would you do this?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jimmy540i, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
  2. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Not in a million years.

3. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Interesting. That wing's currently on a Stradale.

4. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That car looks sweet. I wouldn't drive it all day long though.

5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    the owner of that blue stradale is an fchat member....

6. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Same here, hey Nice E46 M3 Cabriolet, any mods? Why SMG over 6-Speed? :)

7. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    hope I'm not offending anyone :)

8. tacoz4sale

tacoz4sale Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    IMO..the wing is a waste. The rims....i can careless for....but nice color on the stradale!

9. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Thanks. Nope, no mods. I chose SMG because my previous M3 was a 6sp and I wanted to give it a shot. At the time, I hadn't had my F1 360, so it was to be my first experience with the paddle shifter. I enjoy the SMG, but do miss the 6sp on occasion.

10. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    I see, well, here is my Automatic 450HP BMW, that's why I insist on a 6-speed manual on the 360. BTW, is that hard top on your M3? Looks tight.

11. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Awesome collection you've got there!
    Yeah I got the optional hardtop for my M so I could change things up during the winter months and give the car a new look. Here is a pic of my car with the hardtop on it...

12. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I don't like the dark wheels and think the wing is unneccessary.

13. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

read http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2453&highlight=360+wing for some reasoning about a wing

read http://www.motorsportsengineering.sae.org/motorsports/technology/ferrari.htm for what F did for the 360 aerodynamics

I am not a big fan of bolted on wings (hate them) but if someone designs a hydraulic version similar to the 996 TT or the Enzo that pops up > 60mph I am in :) - looking at some of the magazine numbers the 360 generates lift in the back @ high speed

14. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    No way original is the only way for me.

15. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    Out of all the Ferrari's ever made, I have never seen so much bling bling added to Ferrari's as I have recently seen on the 360's.

I was at Ferrari of B.H. service center (Santa Monica) about 3 weeks ago and they had 6 or 7 360's in there, and every single one had mod's done to it,
    exhaust, wheels, lowering, wings, tint, etc. etc.

Is it that the 360 needs these mod's to look more aggressive ? more sporty ? more exotic ? because without it it just looks like another car going down the road ?

I'm beginning to think this is the reality behind this particular model.

16. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I think you're reading too much into this. We're talking about Beverly Hills, right? The bling-bling capital of the world. Did ANY of their cars look unmodified? Every time I've been in there every car on the lot was messed with in some way. They'd put spinners on an Enzo if they had one.

Gary

17. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Cool, I rarely see a E46 Coupe with Hardtops in LA, looks really good I tell ya. I would assume those were factory 19"

18. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Modding a car is not a sin, especially it would be an act of act if you do it right.

However, I just think that wing is just way too much for street driving. I would rather be driving any stock BMW than driving a 360 with that gigantic rear wing.

But that’s probably just me.

19. evansp60

evansp60 Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ont. CANADA
    Unfortunately, disco still lives in some remote dark closets!

20. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I feel bad for that Challenge Stradale but to each there own.

21. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    If I were in LA I probably wouldn't have gotten the optional hardtop bcz the top would always be down, but here in Mich, that top doesn't go down between Oct - Apr. The rims are indeed OEM 19"s.

22. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Yeah, to each is own is correct. I personally wouldn't get a wing on my 360 but if that person really tracks his car and needs the extra down force, maybe it would be useful. I myself have just installed a set of 19X9 and 19X11.5 Hamann PG3's on my car. I know to some of you purists it might not be the ideal, but to be honest, I didn't really want to either. But I went to a club in Hollywood called the White Lotus and the valet driver scuffed up my passenger side wheels pretty bad. I didnt notice it till the next day either. So it was getting to my stomach. I even lost sleep over it. I mean it would have been bad enuff if I did it myself but knowin some bratty kid did it, it made me even more sick. So I looked into getting the wheels fixed and it was somewhat costly, and one thing lead to another and I decided to get the wheels. I opted for the BBS CH wheels which are on the Challenge cars and then I looked at the Stradale wheels, because they are 19's and smoother, but then it felt like I was tryin to be something the car wasn't(poser). So I decided on the Hamann's cuz they are reputable OZ wheels and are also 19's. I figured if I was gonna get something try and upsize it or try and get something a bit more dynamic. So I did. To be honest, the stock ones are always the best because they integrate the design and always keep in mind when they are making the overall design of the car, so of course the Italian's(master's of design) would make the best for that particular car. It is such a great balance! The stock wheels dont take away from the car, they compliment each other which is in design theory PERFECT!!!
    But I am happy with my Hamann wheels also(maybe I am using mind control to make myself feel better =P). I am having the stock ones repaired as we speak. At least I'll know that the wheels will stay clean and my original Michelin Pilots will stay unworn til the next time I decide to put my stocks back on^_~! I am having Ferrari centercaps fabricated for my Hamann's because the centers of those wheels are sort funky(square starshaped). So as soon as I get those on my car, I'll post some pics, and u guys could tell me what u think.^_^
    WheWWW!!! Sorry for my long story!!! P.S. Oh yeah, I think one of those 360's you saw at Beverly Hills ferrari service department was mine. Mine was there just about 3 weeks ago =P!

23. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Damn, sorry to hear about the valet guy doing that to your car. I have never let a valet park my car bcz many of my friends had once done it and all recommended that I never let them drive my car. Do you have pics of your car with the new wheels?

On a seperate note, I'm taking my girlfriend to LA this weekend for her B-day. We have dinner reservations & a VIP table reserved at White Lotus for Sat night. I've heard good things about that place, but none were firsthand. How do you like it? For Friday night, we'll probably go to Sky Bar. If there is anything else you recommend, please let me know.

24. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Hi! Yea, the White Lotus is a GREAT club! You have your usual trendy crowds and then you have the just chill types! Crowd wise and music wise it's awesome! If you are taking your car, just pay the dude $40 and ask for VIP parking and park it yourself and ask for the VIP spot in front of the club right by where the line forms. It might seem high but Im tellin ya, it's worth the price. Remember to tell the door dudes that you ahve a table reserved so that you don't have to wait in that pityful looong line! You will see alot of nice rides there. Two of the investors for the club both have Murcielagos. A red one and a yellow one, both with chromed Mayas. To be honest, I kinda know the owner and thats why I couldn't do anything about the wheels and plus it states on the ticket that they are not liable. But yea, do park it yourself. Giovanni and Eric at the ferrari of Beverly Hills service department, told me that the White Lotus Valet parkers give them a poop load of body shop business^_^!
    Oh and for suggestions, if you get to LA early for lunch and if you like natural sandwiches and salads, there is a great place called the Urth Cafe on Melrose just passed LaCienega. You can just chill on the patio and watch cool cars drive by^_^. Also go down Robertson street and you will see alot of great eateries for lunch. One place there called the Ivy and it is nice and their food is great and their special martini's are supposed to be great(I don't drink^-^) And you will see at least 1 or more ferraris there! Alot of places with nice patios, the quote unquote Hollywood/Beverly Hills feel^_^! You pick and choose! And there is also a exotic car dealer on Robertson called Beverlhills auto or go down Wilshire and you will see Lamborghini Beverly Hills and Ferrari towards Rodeo Dr. Symbolic Motorcars on Wilshire and LaCienega moved all their stock back to their SanDiego store, cuz of high lease and closed the store.
    For night time, The White Lotus is your best bet, so you did good^_~! And the little private tables are just a little section closed off but its right next to the dance floor so you and your woman can just boogie away!!! Also there is Club Ivar, but at times they hold alot of private parties and then there is the Shelter. Oh and the Sky Bar is way cool too! I think pretty much, you have got it down pretty well!
    How long are you staying?
    Oh and I haven't taken any pics of my car with the wheels on it yet because there is a big hole where the center cap should be(I had to send it out to get the ferrari centercaps fabricated to fill the spot), but as soon as I get the caps back, I'll post the pics^_~!

25. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    i have to agree, I love the color, but the wing I feel takes away from the car. The wheels I can live with or not. Bu the car is still sweet.