Most amazing drum solo you will ever see by a 12 year old | FerrariChat

Most amazing drum solo you will ever see by a 12 year old

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Matt LaMotte, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    This kids name is Tony Royster Jr. I'm sure some of you drummers out there have heard of him. I watched this and my jaw hit the floor. He doesn't even look like he can reach the symbols but this kid has one hell of a gift.
    http://thepoolroom.com/cool/tonyroysterjr.avi

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    WOW. that's fast :)

3. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Very cool - this was recorded @ Montclair State University here in Jersey a few years back. He's a little older now, closer to 17. I was there that day, and I got to meet and hang with him for an afternoon, so articulate for a young guy. I saw him again last year and he is still just as humble about his abilities. Funny thing is, he told me besides being an honor roll student, he loves baseball and bowling, and hopes to attend college on an athletic scholarship. IIRC, he wants to join major league baseball. Go figure!

Where'd you find this Matt?

4. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I’m pretty jaded having been a snare in the 94’Cadets and the ‘93 Velvet Knights drum and Bugle Corps. But WOW the kid is VERY good.

5. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Greg,
    A friend of mine showed it to me a few weeks ago and I did a search under yahoo for tony royster jr mpg and it was in a few of the links. I looked on his website and he says that he bowled a perfect 300 game once. His talent is almost frightening and I can't imagine now that he is 18 how good he probably is. Some people got it and some people don't. The first time I saw it I was in my friends computer room messing around on his drums. I watched that video and then turned back around to the drum set and set the sticks down.

6. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Been drumming since I was 10. Very rewarding and fun!

BTW, couldn't get the link to work this AM :(

7. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    I've played since I was 11. I think I'm going to cry now. That was unreal, he switched grip and was still as fast.

8. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Thanks, Matt, for the other link .... that kid is absolutely amazing, esp. for his age!