Grigio Ingrid 575 and 328 GTB | FerrariChat

Grigio Ingrid 575 and 328 GTB

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by jimpo1, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #1 jimpo1, Mar 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

The GTB belongs to a good friend here in Austin, who has had it on consignment at FoD for well over a year. They, in their infinite display of superior sales skills, have had it totally hidden from view (helluva way to sell a car, eh?) and have been dodging my friend for months as he has been trying to get his car back to find a more effective way to sell it. I was not aware that they had permission to display his car IN THE RAIN. I am sure he will be delighted when I send him this thread...

I know I am not supposed to be critical of FNA dealers, being an FCA chapter pres & all, but these tools continue to take the cake, building on an observation I made last summer during our Fine Dining advernture...

3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Sorry to hear they are treating such a gorgeous car against the owner's wishes. That is a one of a kind beauty.

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I test drove the silver 328GTB last May or June. I almost bought it as I wanted GTB originally, but during the test drive, it was making squaking noise every time we took a turn. I heard of the owner is in Austin, but hard to get hold of, because I asked for the service record of this car but no avail in few days. So I took 2nd choice. GTB definitely looks cool IMO.

5. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I had no idea that was the same car. I remember Dave talking about it last summer, but in all the times I've been to the dealership, I've never seen the car. It just didn't click I guess.

6. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

As I said, they are tools, Yoshi. They were supposed to do some work on the car prior to selling it. IIRC, suspension bushings were on that list. Sounds like they didn't do it. Also, the owner left ALL the service records (and he is meticulous) at FoD. I am astounded that they claimed not to have them. The whole point of a consignment sale is to get the owner out of the picture & relies instead on the dealer's supposed superior selling skills.

Snicker.

Chortle.

Smirk.

He's gonna love this thread///

7. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    (Jim mistakenly opens yet another can of worms....)

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Well, heck.

Was that car there in Oct 2002? I called them about 328s then and they only told me of a red GTS.

I had a picture of Rick's silver 308GTB (restored by Mr. Rainbolt) as my desktop pic at the time, and really wanted something similar.

Of course, I got close, so I'm happy....

9. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    BTW, Ferrari of Denver has a Grigio Ingrid F355 spyder. It is the only 355 I have ever seen in this great color.

10. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Gotta say that the GTB sure looks pretty. Not once have I seen that care pon my numerous trips to FoD.