3/28/04 Ferrari Breakfast St. Regis Hotel | FerrariChat

3/28/04 Ferrari Breakfast St. Regis Hotel

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Throttleman, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
  2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Jay,
    Great pictures - glad you could make it. We need to get you and Rebecca into a 355 SOON!! :)

Byron

3. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    We were eyeing Tony's Black on Black '95 F355. It's just what we are looking for. I think I speak for most when I say great choice on breakfast Byron. Spectacular location and great food. We enjoyed it very much.

-Jay.

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Jay,
    Great meeting you and Rebecca. Hope to see more of you at these events. Thank you for the pics.

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Thanks Jay, buy your business first and you will be the first one I call when I am ready to sell it. Great Pics, nice seeing you and Rebecca again.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice pics Jay - Sorry I didn't go. :(

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

God that yellow 355 with the aftermarket wheels is radiantly orgasmic!

8. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hey Ryan - I resent that! Ha ha! Thank you very much if I may say so myself! I worked hard to get it right. As you know aftermarket wheels are never a guaranteed "upgrade" in appearance when applying them to Ferraris. I also had the calipers painted red (originally black) to really stand out. I wish I had a photo of the rear. There are two venturis (sp?) panel that funnel air flow under the car and out the back underneath the exhaust tips. These venturis are black on all the 355s. I had them color matched to the color of the car and they are awesome looking from behind. You never notice them when they are black but you definately notice them when they are yellow! Here is another nice pic of the car from a run a month or so ago. Thanks again for the compliment. Always nice to know someone else shares my taste!

9. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    The painted venturis do look awesome! If you get a photo of the back, please post it (or I'll bring my camera to the next drive and take a shot). Now I want to paint my venturis along with getting yellow calipers.

10. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Thank you all for the positive words. We trully enjoyed the event. Each time we attend we feel one step closer to putting an F-car in the garage. I think the whole experience has been very valuable about which car to purchase as our first. Indeed we are hopeful that meeting owners like Tony and Jeffrey will set us in motion for choosing one that has been well taken care of when the time comes. For now, our priorities are straight- business of our own first then F-car later (some might argue this is backwards). We had a wonderful breakfast and enjoyed the drive afterward. Thank you for making us feel welcome.

Tony- take good care of my car! I will PM you with my e-mail and current phone number and keep in touch.

Armen- Nice to finally meet the infamous NNzo (and others) owner.

Paul- Nice to make your aquiantance love the chrome rims on the 328.

Jeffrey- Still looking for action shots of your other sweet vessel.

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO RON FOR LETTING ME DRIVE MY WIFE TO CRYSTAL COVE IN HIS 308!!!!!! Drive, I say Drive I did!!!! Rebecca's first ride in an F-car. The man is in my will... what can I say? Big hug to Dawn (his wife) for letting him!

Thanks once again to all the F-chatters, a day we'll never forget.

Jeremy and others- Re: Jeffrey's yellow F355 I went back and put the original clear image on the HPphoto website and replaced the smaller image. Originally I was going to shrink all the images and post them one at a time here but as I played with my computer this seemed much faster. These shots should make for nice desktops- Enjoy. Next time we'll take a few images of the venturis and his calipers.

11. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Finally the owner is found! LOL. You should ask Byron or Jerry, I hassle them about your car everytime I talk to them. It is MY FAVORITE ferrari of all time. F355 in yellow is just stunning, but your tasteful upgrades has taken it to another level that my brain can barely comprehend. May I ask what kind wheels those are, sizes, kind of rubber and suspension you are running?

WOW..just a bit speechless at the car. Having that in your garage, is it hard to get aroused by women since the bar has been raised to a stratospherically high level?

:D

12. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Ha ha ... thanks again for the accolades. I have been toying with the idea of selling the 355 and buying a 512TR. As much as I love the TR I am having doubts about parting with my 355. I absolutely love the way it turned out and I think I would be hard pressed to replace it with anything close to its condition. The more and more I look at it (in the garage and in pics) the more and more I realize that I would probably feel as depressed as the day I sold my last Ferrari. I regretted it for a year!!

The wheels are made by Axis Wheels. They have only made three sets of these wheels for the 355. They also make the same wheel for the 360. The 360 version is really nice as the offset is different which allows the rear wheel to have a much deeper lip. It is really nice.

The tires are Pirelli P Zero Rossos. 235/35/19s on the front and 275/35/19s on the rear. I actually made a small mistake on the tire selection. Axis offered a few different tire size options and I sort of guessed (based on what I saw on other cars with the same size rim) as to what the right combination - look wise - would be. I wanted to fill the rims perfectly and have the exact balance in terms of tire height. The rears should have been 30s and not 35s. You will not notice them in pics but I notice the slight mis calculation that causes the rears to look slightly big. I guess I am just one severly sick person when it comes to perfection!!

Jeremy - I will shoot a pic of the rear tonight and post it here for all to enjoy. The painted venturis are cool!

13. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Yup I guessed right. I mentioned to Jerry here on Fchat, that I was 99% sure they are axis rims. I am a rim whore/snob as I have 3-4 sets of wheels per car. I have 7 sets for my mini alone. Don't ask it is a sickness.

You are right in your thinking not to sell the F355. It is luscious and as much as the TR can be made to look nice, you already have perfection in your garage.

Words can't do it justice. I am left speechless, and trust me that is hard for me to do!

14. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Rear. Was dusk when I shot it so I had to use the flash. Looks like the tail lights are on. They aren't.

15. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Great pics everyone! Sorry I havn't posted in a while about the pics, I have been kinda busy. While at the event my mom and dad took some pretty nice pictures so I will post those. It sure looked like a great event, wish I could of been there.

Armen (VROOM), sorry I couldn't meet you at the event, I'm sure next time, I will meet you. I'm looking forward to it.

Anyway, on with the pics.

-David

16. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    That looks so great! Thanks for posting the pic!

17. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    David very nice pictures. However I want more of Jeffrey's F355 pics. Seems like there is not much of that car taken.

By the way, 15th picture you posted, looks like a stunning car AND a beautiful woman! Jeffrey is a lucky guy!

18. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Thanks for the comment! I have some other pics of Jeffrey's 355, but not really any of the rear. They are still cool though!

Here they are...

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    OOh stunning! You need to put a warning when you put such pictures. Next time I need to get the tissue first :D

Since I don't want to make this a "Jeffrey thread" any and all pictures can be sent to his new stalker [email protected]

LMAO :)

Thanks again for understanding my sad obsession with his italian sex machine.

20. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hey Ryan. People are going to be majorly sick of seeing my car! I sincerely appreciate your incredible taste (ha ha ... if I may say so myself). That being said I am glad you acknowledge that this was not intended to be a "Jeffrey's 355" thread. There are soooo many other beautiful Ferraris in our group. They all deserve to be displayed!

David - Thanks for posting those pics. At least I won't be accused of intentionally hogging the lime light in this thread!! Ha ha!

21. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    I agree with the statements above. I was very fortunate to have convinced him to take me for a ride. I was expecting a trip around the block what I got was a kick in the pants! Here are a few shots I have on the hard dirve. I have video of that drive with some awesome "fly-bys" with his newly installed Tubi exhaust. PM me your info and I'll make you a copy.

First shot is Jeffrey's car with the stock rims and pre-tubi exhaust and unpainted calipers and tinted windows. Enjoy.

22. DynastyD_308qv

Nov 24, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Ron Couch Jr.
    Jay.... lucky dog!!!

Jeffrey ... I'm next ....please! please! ...
    wait a minute... from the "tail light flash" pict, I want to check out the garage.... ever thought of hosting a tour?

Ron
    (should change my handle to "FerrariBoy's Dad")
    Couch

23. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Bond...James Bond :)

Glad I was able to say hi to a few people there before everyone took off!

24. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

People will get sick of seeing your car like they get sick of seeing pictures of Angelina Jolie. PUUUHLEASE!!! I know it was not intended to be your thread, but maybe we can make a special thread for you with only pics of your car!!

Throttleman--thanks for the pics!! Do you have any before pics of the rear so we could see how the rear pre-paint was?
    Also noticed he took the tints off.

God, that car is hot!

25. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    LOL!

----------------------------

Jeffrey, I'm sure someone (LAfun, hint hint :D) will put up another thread especially dedicated to your 355.

Jay, sorry if I hi-jacked your thread, I was forced to I swear!! ;)

Jordan, glad you could make it, well sort of. Did you have to go to another concert or audition after you stopped by?