Carbon Fiber 360 Modena Front Bumper | FerrariChat

Carbon Fiber 360 Modena Front Bumper

Discussion in '360/430' started by Quick, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think of a Carbon Fiber Front bumper?

1. YES!!!!!!!

2. NO, THUMBS DOWN!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Quick

Quick Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    Has anyone replaced their stock bumper with a Carbon Fiber front bumper yet? Im having mine done right now and i have yet to see this done on a 2002 360 Modena.

2. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
  3. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    u have any pics of what is looks like?

4. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    ya, without the pics how are we supposed to vote?

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Is it the exact same shape as regular and thus just to save weight? Or is it a different shape? Are you painting or leaving it bare like C.F. hoods on ricers? If you are leaving it bare, that gets a definite NO. If it's a different shape I'd have to see it. If it's going to look exactly the same, just shed weight, then Yes.

6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    How do we vote to abstain?

7. Storm-Rider

Storm-Rider Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Only if it looks like the stock bumper cover. I don't know why more manufacturers don't do this from the factory . . .

8. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  9. Quick

Quick Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    It’s an exact replica if the stock bumper, to shed the weight and to have a different look. I’m tempted to have him to the hood and fenders as well. I’m currently out of the country and just received word that the bumper is done and i have yet to see pictures. My manufacture has them for sale and is offering me a tremendous price break since i purchased 10 versus just one for my car. Ill be back in a few weeks and ill be able to show pictures.

Be sure to check out the link previously posted if anyone is interested in one for theirs.

10. Quick

Quick Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    Also, my car is black and I wasn’t thinking about having the bumper painted, I was thinking of doing my doors, door panels, rear bumper, hood and the tail section that covers the light. I’m going all out performance light weight with this one. I also liked another member of this site who had his door panels and a few other interior pieces done.

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I don't understand. You bought 10 for like what... $5k-$7k, and have never seen one on a Modena before?

12. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    The interior I've seen looked really good.

On the exterior it would seriously look terrible. Paint them! I can't imagine how bad having raw carbon fiber pieces on parts of the 360 would look.

13. Quick

Quick Rookie

Mar 30, 2004

Yeah, I'm getting mixed reviews lately. Some say paint others say on a black car it would look good. Mind you it would look something like this and with a gloss coat applied in my opinion would look really sharp! Ill decide whether to paint of not once I see the final product completed. Also the bumper is not Carbon Fiber Overlay, but one layer of Carbon Fiber.

[​IMG]

Actually that’s around the price I paid for each bumper, I’ve never seen it done on a Modena before but I’ve seen the work this guy does and i wanted something different for my car.

14. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Having worked with Carbon Fiber, a single layer of CF is usually a little on the flimsy side.
    And after seeing how bad numerous head on crash pictures of 360s with full bumper protection were, Going to a CF bumper is kind of scary.
    Of course my 308 has Euro fiberglass bumpers... so look who's talking.. ;)

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Wow, so you spent $50-70K on some bumpers sight unseen? That takes some guts!

16. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    When I reversed the 360 Modena into my neighbors retaining wall, I was ridiculously pleased to find the bumper was made of fiberglass, and relatively cheap to fix.

17. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Are US bumpers not made of fiberglass? Could account for some weight differences if that is the case

18. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    "Are US bumpers not made of fiberglass?"

Not in the 308 series, and it adds up to a huge amount of weight.

19. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    what is the weight difference in the finished product between the original and CF bumper? Maybe you should have designed it more like the Stradale or 360 GT bumper.

20. Quick

Quick Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    The guy did the hood for my M3 and I’ve seen the quality of his work first hand. I’ve jumped on my hood and not a single scratch or blemish!

Like I stated above, I’ve seen the quality of work, and its well worth it.

Wow, mine are Polyrathane/Fiberglass mix! I didn’t know they came with fiberglass bumpers, did you purchase from a dealer or an owner?

Stock weighs about 25lbs, when completed Carbon Fiber should be around 10-15 or less.

21. Quick

Quick Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    Has anyone seen the Novitec Carbon Fiber front bumper?