Going Bald and my Nuts are Rusting! | FerrariChat

Going Bald and my Nuts are Rusting!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by anthony, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anthony

anthony Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    Manchester UK
    Cleaned the car for the first time this year properly today, and shock horror! my Tread Ware Indicators on the rears of my 348 are showing that i am basically driving on 'Slicks', with an impending MOT i'll have to bash the visa again.

Any comments from you guys as to plump for pirelli's again or another make would be very welcome.

Also my 'Nuts are Rusting' (must be my age) i presume a new set can be ordered without too much hastle from Stratstones or somewhere similar.

Hey Nice Weathers' back ,seems like ages since i took the 'Fancy Red Fiat' for a spin.

All the best

Anto.

2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Anto

get your nuts (well bolts actually) from Paul Hill poster and sponsor on this site (Hill Engineering, they'll be less than half Ferrari's price which last time I asked was a whopping £9 a bolt or £45 a wheel or £180 for the Car !!! oh and plus VAT as well!

3. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Anto,

Why don't you join us for the North West run out - 18th April (see seperate thread). There's a few of us from Manchester going.

Rick

4. Blackspider

Blackspider Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    another suggeation would be to buy a spare set of five bolts from hill engineering and any time you have five bolts that are in need of some titivation get them rechrommed for about £1 per bolt.

5. anthony

anthony Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    Manchester UK
    Thanks for your suggestions, its very reassuring to know that people have an interest in my nuts!

What about tyres though, replace with Pirelli P Zero's or something similar for rears?

Thanks for the invite for the North West run out Rick, i will have to see how work goes for the next week or so (self employed-groan), would love to come
    will post a little bit nearer the time.

F 348 GTC

Cheers

Anto

6. nickster

nickster Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    The moon
    Full Name:
    nickster
    I too am facing the replacement rear tyre dilemma.My car is at verdis at present being seviced.I will consult the 'oracle',aka karl,on saturday and let you know what he recommends for my 348.

7. jkuk

jkuk Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Wirral, UK
    Full Name:
    John K
    I am also just about to change all 4 on my 348 but trying to choose the best size.

Currently I am focussing in on:-

225X45X17 FRONT
    265X40X17 REAR

Bridgstone S03s

Around £500 fitted.

This keeps the 215/255 ratio the same as the original

The other ones on my list where Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 - Slightly cheaper but not much. These are very grippy on my 944S2

The only problem, with these sizes is that the car is lowered by 7mm front & 9 mm rear from the original tyre sizes.

Would like to go 18" 355 wheels but current funds don't allow it.

8. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi JKUK...

Re 355 rims - what will current funds allow ? Email me...

9. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Turning once again to your Nuts, I suppose the advantage of Hills Engineering's stainless bolts is that they'll always look good. The chrome ones will just split with use and look naff again, unless you use a soft socket.

10. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Get a set of Khumos they out preform all the others ive had on the 348 and there a lot cheeper so its not so bad burning them out at the track . They have a great tread pattern as well.

11. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

On the subject of tyres, i can whole heartedly recommend Wembley Tyres. I have used them for the last three years and they have never let me down. Today they replaced the rear P-Zero's on my 355, £316 inc vat.
    When you call ask for Marcus.

Regards

Stewart

12. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    Stewart,

Wembley Tyres are about 600m up the road from my gaff (not in Wembley at all), and you didn't give me a call, you unsociable tosser! Agreed they are the winner for performance car tyres anywhere in London. Marcus told me once that most porker dealerships in London send him their cars for new tyres and just double the invoice for the customer....

13. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Sorry James i did not know you were so close, will give you a call next time i am in the area.

Regards

Stewart