5th Gear 612 Video | Page 2 | FerrariChat

5th Gear 612 Video

Discussion in '612/599' started by ATBNM3, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    I can't get onto jabbasworld.com right now and jabbasworld.net is asking for u/n and p/w before it gives a link to the vid. Maybe this is just a temporary hitch....

Was this the show with Jason Plato driving the 612 around? I did enjoy the way that he spanked it around properly to test its cornering limits. So few presenters on the TV know how to do this, although Tiff Needell does rather over-do it as a recurring party trick. I love the way Plato explained the ABS button and traction control button and then turned to the camera and said, "if you're a footballer or a TV chef, don't touch that button". He didn't rate the paddle-shift much, and recommended saving seven grand sterling and having a gear-lever - another perennial Fchat debate...

Talking of which, much steaming BS on both sides of the discussion has been published (mainly in magazines but also on Fchat) about the beauty or not of the 612. Everyone seeming to forget that when you're enjoying driving a car, you can't see what the outside looks like! Remember the uproar in the press when the 360 came out? Each to his own. I think they all grow on you with time....

Personally, I can't wait for the 612 to come down to about 50-60K in a few years time, and hopefully my 456 will still be worth maybe 20-30K as a deposit on one, as long as I can find an RHD with manual box! A six-litre Ferrari V12 with room for my children and 0-60 in 4.3, how could that not be a fantastic car?

2. racer_f50

racer_f50 Rookie

Dec 25, 2003
    SD, USA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    okay, i had PM'd jabba on his site, and he told me that he did freely give out this link on Racingflix, so sorry about the above comment, i don't check RF at all, and if that had been one of his private links that'd be very uncool of the person giving out the link.

the link won't work anymore though, cuz he had put it up on his spare server that still had 10GB of bandwidth for the month, and well, in under 24hrs the link generated 16GB of bandwidth, costing him major $$$.

you can get the vid over at http://www.racingflix.com now, though with the free service its slower than sh**.

3. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Yeah Jabba is a good guy and when he gives out links he wants people to download it. I guess it's all used up now so gotta get it from racingflix

4. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
  5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    nice vid. thanks for posting. i finally got it to work.

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I enjoyed the video and I appreciate the 612 a little more now. I just think that the purchase of a Ferrari is more emotional than anything else. If I was buying a car for performance alone I'd buy a Porsche. Porsches appeal to the sensible part of the brain. Every Porsche I've ever owned has been a better car than my 328 but I still love the car to no end. Why? Because when I look at the car I get weak in the knees. Because I've had a hard time sleeping at night since the Frankfurt Auto Show in '85. Because the sound of that V8 going through the rev range makes my hair stand up! Despite the 328's weaknesses, I have always lusted for one and I always will. I'm sure the 612 is a fantastic car but it just doesn't stroke those emotions for me. If I wanted a "continent crusher" I'd probably get a CL500 and use the change for another 328. Yeah, that would be nice.

7. speedaholic

speedaholic Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    Nice Find man

that was cool

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
  9. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Anyone know how to get this to work on a Mac? FWIW it doesn't work on my Win2K laptop either...