You guys are so lucky..... | FerrariChat

You guys are so lucky.....

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mr2guy, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mr2guy

mr2guy Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    I only wish that I had a Ferrari so I could relate to most of you here. You guys are so lucky to have these sweet sweet cars and have the funds to buy them and keep them in perfect showroom condition like all of you do. Please don't flame me for being jealous. More than likely, I myself, will never have the funds to purchase any kind of exotic car and I can accept that. I just want you all to know that you are living my dream, well a dream that I had but I know it is out of reach for me.

Thanks for reading and take care,

Ryan

2. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    Man dont think like that.....i myself dont have a nice car right now, but im young and i know that if i work hard ill get one in the future. Many of these f owners probably didn't just get all money one day, most probably worked tons to get what they have now.
    And thats what im going to do and you can too man...just need to realize that buddy.

3. cc123

cc123 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Scotland UK
    I would also like to say my bit to since it's my first post too....

Lucky lucky guys (and Gals). I'm sure you have all worked hard for your cars and appreciate every moment driving them. Don't think I'll be able to afford such cars, not for another 20 years anyway.
    Serioulsy considering taking a Ferrari Track day driving course here in the UK to sample such delights.

I'll just have to make do with my Focus for just now.....

4. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    If you have the ambition, you will have the car.

5. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
  6. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    Ryan, you have the passion and probably the desire and drive, you will have one too. 10 Years ago I was driving a 3 year old 318 bmw, today I have a 360 and have had a 348 challenge, if you told me this 10 years ago I would have asked for whatever you were drinking as well. So hang in there, its not that tough a task, just be smart with financing or how you make the cash and start with a cheaper model 1st, day a 328 and they look like ferrari should.

Welcome to Fchat.

7. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    "The harder I work, the luckier I seem to get"
    amended to:
    "the smarter I work..."
    Find something you really have a passion about, do that, and it will not seem like work. Have an attitude of gratitude each day, and you will feel wealthy. Finally, set definite goals and a determination to achieve them and you will have your car, if it is what you really want.

All the above borrowed, cribbed, paraphrased and shamelessly imitated from people who have been a model and inspiration to me.

8. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Owning a Ferrari is not the impossibly unattainable goal that many think it is. For my whole life all I wanted was a 308 and just over a year ago I made that happen. It is all relative to the sacrifices you are willing to make. I am not a wealthy guy by any means so owning the car meant cutting back on a few things and driving an older daily driver. It is very possible and I have never been one to say that anything was 'impossible' in my lifetime.

9. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    it's just a car... hopefully there are much more important things in your life :)

10. mr2guy

mr2guy Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    You guys are awesome!! Thanks for all the kind replies!! Well I do have an mr2 turbo right now :). Does that count? Japan's Ferrari.....lol

But I've always loved Ferrari's and always will. I better start investing!!

Thanks again everyone!!

Ryan

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Never say never.

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thats a nice little car, good looking too, Nothing to be ashamed of. I am sure you can get a 308 pretty easily as you can find 1 for under $30k these days. 308 GT4 & 400i are even less $

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    If you want it badly enough, you'll find a way to make it happen. If you think that you'll never get there, you're probably right. So make sure that you get there.

I've wanted a 1991 MR2 Turbo forever. That's one of the best little cars ever made.

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Well said... hey guy, your admiration of the marque is great but NEVER, and I mean NEVER say never. You can do anything you want, how ols are you?

15. mr2guy

mr2guy Rookie

Mar 31, 2004

I'll trade you!! Hell, I'll trade anyone for a Ferrari or other exotic!! Maybe I should post a pic or two??

I love your guys' positive attitude! Its really making me lose all the negative thoughts that I had about ever getting a Ferrari. I actually stayed even with a new 360 Modena up to second gear in my mr2 last summer :) (can i say that here?). I swear it had to be a fluke though, but he left me behind after second.

Thanks guys!! You all are very friendly.

16. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    when I was in high school I had no money, not really a place to live, working two jobs over 80 hrs a week and still not paying the bills on time, everyone told me dont quit, what happens if your business fails you will be left with nothing, what about the benifits you will lose.

when i was 20 I opened my first business -bought a cheap 944
    2nd year in business I bought a 91 corvette and a 2400 sq ft house
    4th year a new surburban and a new corvette
    6th year a 348ts and kept the corvette(what a life) @ 26

So anything is possible if you just want It bad enough.
    So dont sell yourself short, leave that to everyone else who think they know what you are worth.

john

17. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Ryan, make some life goals and stick to them! I was in the same boat, but now I have a Ferrari, and my dad has his dream Ferrari too. Never lose faith in yourself my friend! You are right, Ferrarichat.com is one of the most wonderful sites on the internet, use it often and ask questions. You will have a Ferrari before you know it! Welcome to the site!

18. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

read this site and figure out who is legit and who is not then hang on their every word. I have learned a TON from guys on here and there is a wide range of expertise. Hanging here is like surrounding yourself with like minded ambitious folks and it is contagious. If you believe in yourself others will too and things will happen, but you have to decide to make them happen. Simply daydreaming about cars wont' get you one, but it will solidify in your mind that it is possible. Money is just money and cars are just cars and people are just people. The way you act is the only thing that separates you from them.

Good luck!

19. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    I agree with what everyone is saying here. Mr2guy, never sell yourself short. Just work hard and work smart, and you will have your own Ferrari in no time.

Mondial is also a good starter Ferrari (I used to drive one), practical one too!

20. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I also would like to commend you for being honest rather than coming on here saying "I'm retired@21" and have all the things everyone wants. There is no shame in humility and calling it like it is. You're already on the right track. Okay enough....

21. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I would say people make their luck it is not given to them. When you work hard, and put something back into society you will do well in life.

22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.......

I saw my first Ferrari (a 365 GTB convertible) sitting outside a bank in Pittsburgh when I was in college in 1973. From that moment I wanted one. Yet the cost structure of a Ferrari remained 2X out of my reach for the next 15 years, dropped to 1.5X of my reach for another 10 years. Finally in 2000 I bought a 95 F355B.

It is worth the wait, however the path to completion.

23. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ryan,

Don't ever sell yourself short. What is so wonderful about this country is the fact that you truly can change your circumstances.

When I was 21, I was sleeping on a cot in a friend's parents home with all my possessions in green trash bags, my totalled car in their driveway, a dead end job and not many prospects. Then with an attitude change and some help, I began to take control of my life. I changed jobs, went back to school and created some goals. 15 years later I'm happily married, expecting our first child, on my 2nd home and have a few nice toys including a 355 Berlinetta. Anything is possible with right attitude and determination.

-Michael

24. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Not to get religious... hey, wouldn't want to get banned from the board for believing in the all mighty and bible thumping.
    But "everything" I have came from God!
    Dude, all you have to do is ask him. :)

25. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Capt, well said! BRAVO for you!