Shot by a camera phone - again. | FerrariChat

Shot by a camera phone - again.

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by mhh, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It seems every second traffic light I pull up to in my Gallardo, there's someone in the car behind me struggling to get his camera phone out of his jacket. Then he shoots me through his dirty windscreen. Some follow for blocks, getting new angles I guess.

I'm not sure why they want a low res pic of my car, but it's fun to be part of someone's day like this! Do others agree?

2. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Never happened to me in a Ferrari, but so far just about every time I've been out in the Lambo it's happened.
    Mark

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

It's happened to me about 6 times in my Ferrari. Funny, when I drove the Gallardo I never felt like anyone was looking at me. It probably has to do with the location as well, though.

4. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    My wife noticed it when she drives, I pooh-poohed her observation. Next time we were out together, some guy in the passenger seat of a pickup is leaning out on the highway using the camera phone.

I keep thinking that people expect me to get out of the car like I landed from another planet and announce "take me to your leader."

5. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I have yet to meet a Lambo owner who has not been photographed and/or followed by admirers...But it is also dangerous because you never know what these strangers have in their mind. Most are nice and just want to ask a few questions, but a buddy of mine had a very shady thug looking person ask if he could drive his 6.0...He was very persistant and my buddy took off after a police officer was around. Alot of crazies out there...

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Those camera phones are a bad idea in many ways... I have seen people use them for honest pictures, but unfortunately on a handful of occasions I have also witnessed young men secretly snapping pictures of unwitting women commuting on trains, taking pictures of girl's butts as they walk through the mall, etc.

These are likely for 'personal use,' but could end up somewhere on the net and the girl would never know. That really bothers me.

And unfortunately nowadays when you go to a new health club, tanning salon, club bathroom or anywhere else you take your clothes off, there's the possibility that there's a hidden camera filming you (like this Hooters uniform case). Obviously, I'm afraid for my wife and not myself -- but even the tanning salon in the suburb she grew up in was shut down for webcams in the rooms/beds.

7. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Took a trip to Vegas with a friend in his Murci, had one guy so desperate to catch up with us that he broke a law or two driving like a mad man. As he got closer we noticed a trooper up ahead, slowed down to avoid capture, but the poor fella behind us was not so lucky. In a cloud of smoke and a hardy HI HO SILVER the trooper nailed the poor guy. ...Wheew... praise the lord for the obsessed fan! If it wasn't for him we would be posting bail about right now.

P.S. Word to the wise. Don't bring a Mustang to a Bull Fight!!

Out

P.S.S. Here is a pic of the car. (Taken by another obsessed fan, during a separate occasion. No fatalities or infractions involved)

8. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Another negative of owning a Lambo...

9. Cherm

Cherm Karting
    BANNED

Jan 25, 2004
    Troll Land
    Full Name:
    Troll
    This happens at least 50% of the times I take it out. People have followed me into parking lots just to take pictures.... The strangest thing is when they ask me if they can look at it and/or take a picture....

"No! You're not allowed to look at my car!"

It's fun. I HATE the attention while driving though. People do not pay attention to their driving and it's dangerous. I caused my first fender bender the other day when a car was too busy staring at my car to stop for the light (and the car in front of them that had). I wasn't sure if I should stick around or not... I didn't.

10. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Happens to me in the Esprit all the time. The "celebrity effect" of owning an exotic.

11. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I just shot an orange Gallardo with my V600 at a parking lot here.. seems like its his permanent spot cuz ive seen the car in the same location twice already.

12. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I get the camera phone thing alot in my yellow 355 spider. Other drivers are downright dangerous when they try and follow in traffic. That gets old quick. Here's mine.

13. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Even more annoying is driving down the road at night and having another car pull up next to you and start taking pictures with the flash bulb going off...definitely distracting in my book...

14. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004

The only thing more annoying than that is the "fast and furious" 16 y/o's in the Hondas that sound like a bee in a tin can:D

15. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Man, I hate that and im 16. I have modded Chevelle and all these little losers in ricers try to race me and it gets annoying after a while.

On another note, I take pictures of cars on the street but only after I tell the driver 'Nice car!'

16. vette79

vette79 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    not all are meant to be funny, but some are because they are all true experiences or observations that ive had..
    1.wings large enough that the car should fly...but it doesnt have enough power
    2. the front wheel drive cars that cant break 90 with wings on the BACK of the car..
    3. the exhaust tip that i could fit my entire cd collection into
    4. the "sport-tuned" exhaust that sounds like.... no exhaust.
    5. the neon lights that makes you wonder if an alien is having some form of extraterrestial experience underneath that honda next to you.
    6. the drivers with hats on sideways, leaned so far into the middle of the car that they have imprints of the e-brake handle on their forearms when they get out.
    7. hearing the annoying, buzzing not-even-close-to-being-intimidating "roar" of a 2.0L honda as it comes closer to me.... and then turning around, expecting the guy to be hitting at least forty... to realize the guys doing 28 in first gear at about four grand. because it sounds cool.
    8. the ingenious conclusion that mustve been reached after four bowls, two tabs, and a quarter-ounce...... "vinyl adds horsepower"
    9. the talk of how his Eclipse is pushing 18 pounds of boost, and running high 12 second quarter miles with heavy 19" rims at all corners- then having him admit to you that he believes this is the true specs on his stock car, and beleiveing the previous owner when he gets told that his 200 horse motor is getting his 2500 lb car into the 12's...
    10. the two hundred added pounds of yellow rollbar, stereo and body kits that are offset by his gravity-inverting carbon fiber hood.
    11. the fact that on imports, all mods seem to have the same amount of added horsepower on all other imports. of course all headers add 30 ft-lbs to a 160 ft-lb motor. didnt you know that?