Ferrari Challenge at Road Atlanta | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge at Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by bkaird1, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Anyone here going??? I think it's May 15-16.

Brad

2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Absolutely would not miss it for anything!!

3. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Definitely. My son is 2 now. He will love it. I took him when he was just a few months old last time to the Ferrari Challenge at Road ATL. He loved it then to. He woke up in the pits to revving Ferrari's and just smiled. One of the proudest days of my life.

4. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I am going for sure. Anyone up for a drive?

5. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I'm pretty sure I'll be going. No FCar, but I'd like to meet some of you guys.

6. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    how far is the track from down town Atlanta and any good hotel recomendations? thanks

7. davel

davel Guest

Track is about 40 min or so from downtown. You can stay close to the track in Gwinnett County off I-85 North at Pleasant Hill Road. There is a nice Marriott there. Gwinnett Place Marriott or you can stay at Chateau Elan off the first exit for the track. There are tons of places to stay and the track is fantastic.

8. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    Track is indeed fantastic. But there are few run off areas. I go there 7X per year with other clubs. Most wrecks occur at turns 3, 5, 7. Turn 12 is dangerous but it scares people so much, they tend to be careful there.

9. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    stupid question but what is the name of the track?

10. JNT

JNT Karting

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    im glad they put atlanta back on the schedule. i cant wait.

11. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    thanks bill.

12. 38 Off

38 Off Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Pace, FL
    Full Name:
    Phil Crain
    Will be there with black 355B. Staying at Ch. Elan

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I'm there. I am sooo glad they are back.

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Turk, sorry I did not call this weekend but had some, umm "wifely duties" to take care of if you know what I mean. I'm up for a drive, need to call Professore, I'm going to take my son and another friend of mine who's a Ferrari nut but not an owner.

15. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    I'll be there in my CS. By the way, there may be lapping sessions available to club guys if anyone is interested. Mr. Hugh Stewart of the host dealership (FOA) will have information regarding any potential track time. Hope to see some of you there.

16. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    My wife and I are new to the Atlanta area and would love to meet some of you. Maybe the FChat crew can meet up somewhere. I've never been to Road Atlanta so maybe someone more familiar with it can make a suggestion?

Brad

17. RichardGilmore

RichardGilmore Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Richard Gilmore
    Is Ticketmaster the only place to get tix? Are they available yet? Is there going to be a Ferrari Corral??

I plan on driving my 355 there

18. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I am not 100% sure of this rumor, but I have heard that if you drive a Ferrari or Maserati to the Ferrari Challenge, you will get in for free. PLUS get some laps on the track. There will also be a huge Ferrari/Maserati corral. Can anyone else back this up??

19. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    An Fchat hookup would be great! I'm going to bring my son, no Ferrari yet but I'm working on it. If you're looking for a good place to stay, I-85 @ GA Hwy 20 has the Mall of Georgia and a new Hampton Inn and a couple of others, plus lots of places to eat.

[edit] and it's much closer than Pleasant Hill, and much nicer too.

Mark

20. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Lets plan a time at the track to get together for a meet and greet, Fchat style. I hope the Professore is planning on attending!

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    According to Ticketmaster, tickets are supposed to be available today (4/10).

22. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I'm def. goin. Bout time they brought it back. Glad there will be a ton of Ferraris there of course, cant ever have too many. Gettin chills just thinkin about the sounds to be heard!

I'll be in the silver VW Corrado...no doubt the only one there as usual \ :... so if you notice me behind you, please, give it a lil extra gas :D

- Andy

23. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Check out and keep an eye on the thread in the TN/AL/GA chat section. Tom Spiro is coordinating FCA's participation with Ferrari North America and Ferrari of Atlanta. FCA Members will have the opportunity to take their cars out on the Road Atlanta track.

If you're not already an FCA member, you probably should be! There's a link to membership via the regional website at
    www.fca-se.com