Is there a way to select what features we use? | FerrariChat

Is there a way to select what features we use?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by bobafett, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    IE, can I turn off the string of 'PM, buddy, reply, edit, fondle' etc buttons on the bottom of every post?

I see more features and content-enhancement functions on every page than I do actual content. If a user were allowed to select how much depth of functionality they wanted, that might help things.

--Dan

2. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Ummm. No.

It's the nature of this forum software. It's new and cluttered with all kinds of features compared to the old forum, but give it time and soon, you won't even notice them. Your eyes will be trained to zero in on the content. :D

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Actually, I'm just causing trouble. I'd admined vB forums before...there is some degree of user configurability, though.

--Dan

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    If you're on a Topic - (suppose it's a longass one) - rightclick on "Show Printable Version" on the bottom left of the page and choose "Open In New Window" - this'll open up a reeeeeeally quick, concise version (including pics) of the page you're on - minus all the eye-candy - up to 100 authored comments will be shown. Side benefit: Also allows you to use the Printable Page to Copy/Paste from if you're "quoting" somebody while replying on the Full-Featured page.
    Mentioned this on a post entitled:
    Hot tip: "Printable Version" hauls butt