Weather Forecast | FerrariChat

Weather Forecast

Discussion in 'New England' started by zan, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Great weather in Boston, no rides in the immediate future

2. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Been waiting 5 months for my Maserati Spdyer, Thought my timing was perfect to get an early spring delivery, will be picking up Thrus April 1, Was hoping for a nice top down drive home from Newton. April fools!!!!!!!! Well I guess it could be worse, 7 years ago today we got 2 feet of snow

3. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    I drove my Maserati to work. Figured that a little rain can't hurt

Only thing is that the ASR (traction control) goes bonkers during any kind of acceleration...makes the drive a little more interesting...

4. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Oh great now I am even more worried, Have been stressing out already looking at the forecast for my drive back to the North shore. I guess it will look a little funny with a brand new Maserati tying up the Mass Pike doing about 30MPH, Any tips on driving in the rain?

5. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Ahhhh...what do they know ? Yesterdays forecast at 11am at the NWS called for cloudy skies and a chance of showers south of Boston for the ballance of the day. Well the freakin sky was blue and the sun was blasting all afternoon. I went for a ride after work.

Kenny

6. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    As long as you don't disable ASR, it works fine in the rain

Wipers work great, and the windshield does not fog up, so it is not too bad
    Wish it had a wiper in the back though...

7. Suzyq

Suzyq Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    Not to worry. The car actually handles quite well on slick roads, particularly the improved '04. Slow traffic will give everyone else something nice to look at and listen to. I recommend the autoban to protect the paint if you didn't get it already. Did you get stick or cambio transmission?

Sue

8. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Just be really careful when changing lanes

On my Coupe, the rear 3/4 blind spot is huge, and I cannot easily turn my head to see. The blind spot might be even worse on the Spyder...

Other than the blind spot, which almost got me into trouble the first week I had my car, the car should be fine on the Mass Pike in the rain

9. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm starting to get the fever, Last Friday it was so nice, I went home at lunch and got the 355 and now look, a typhoon!

Days like this I have to ask myself, why I insist on living in New England.

-Michael

10. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Went with the stick. Car I traded was a BMW M3 SMG and while I found it to be an amazing feature I found my self missing the clutch. If car was my every day vehicle I most likely would have gone cambio but I pretty much will just be using this car for fun drives. Another big factor was I never used the paddles on my car, I always used the shift lever. If Maserati had given us a stick, might have gone with the cambio. Plus was able to load up on options and Tubi with the savings

11. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    hey - we NEED the rain, so dont' complain TOO much!

we got so little snow (relatively speaking) that we're looking another drought-ish situation. i'm all for a month of rain if it means we can have a nice sunny summer with no water problems! of cousre the long-term weather planners didn't call me for my input, so who knows what we'll get.

i for one am happy for the rain right now.....

my wipers work fine.

doody.

12. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Hey I agree !! These roads are in dire need of a washing/rinse. I've been kinda praying for a good gully washing rain. And rather have it now then in the in the middle of June.

Kenny k.

13. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i hadn't quite thought of it that way kenny, bu that works for me too!!!!!

doody.

14. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Rain, snow, sun... i can't drive so it may as well be locus, fire-rain, and frogs falling from the sky.

WOW, it is Passover time :)

15. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Well, I picked up car this morning and drove from Newton to the North Shore in the middle of what felt like was a typhoon and you sure do have some blind spots in the Spyder. Was pretty impressed the way the car handled some very wet roads. Felt the shifting of the GT was pretty much what I expected, Not a lazy mans 6 speed, You do have to use a little authority shifting from 1st to 2nd, but it finds it fine, And I am a little rusty anyway after driving my M3 SMG the last two years. Biggest problem I felt was the Alum race pedals are very close to each other and I think I better invest into some driving shoes as it seems most sneakers have very wide bottoms and that's what seemed to keep catching. Tubi sounded awesome. Cannot wait to hear it with top down.
    P.S It was nice to meet you Jon.

16. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Good seeing you too Scott!
    That is a very striking color you picked. And that Tubi sounds great too.

Glad to hear that you made it back without any incidents

- Jon

17. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Yes - nice job. Looks like my CS will arrive at FoNE tomorrow or Sat so prospects for picking up look pretty rainy !!

At least that'll be some respite from 5000rpm running in rev limits. I'm looking forward to 1000 miles and a trip through the 93 tunnel in first gear :)

18. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    There has been a red 360 CS in the FoNE showroom the last few days.
    Is that you car...

19. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Dan,

I'll trade you a ride in your new car for a ride in my 600hp Cutlass!

-Michael

20. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Mine has a stripe and arrives on the truck tomorrow so no. Inspection and paying etc means I'll probably pick it up mid-week.

Might have to pop in on Sat to say hello :)

And yes Michael I'll always trade rides in my car for one of your Muscle cars!

21. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Dan:

Congratulations on the arrival of your new "baby". Please post pictures and thoughts with us after you get to break her in.

This weather has been terrible. We do need the rain, but this is almost too much for the ground to absorb right now. Times like this, I wish I was driving a Ferreti to work, not a Ferrari;).

22. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Popped in to see the new car today - couldn't resist :) still had most of the white plastic covering on and yet to be dealer prepped, but looks fab. The paintwork for the stripe is fantastic, glasslike finish. Beautiful.

Can't wait to drive her. Rest assured photos will follow in due course once I pick it up.

23. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Dan, when are you picking it up?
    mark

24. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Probably thursday...

25. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    I would like to see it, haven't seen one with a stripe, I'll stop by FNE this week to take a look.