360 Standard + Challenge exhaust sound files ! | FerrariChat

360 Standard + Challenge exhaust sound files !

Discussion in '360/430' started by exiges, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    Here are some sound files of my 360 Spider before and after the Challenge exhaust was fitted.

I'm told that the new exhaust perhaps gives another 4-5bhp, but more importantly, it weighs almost a quarter of the original.. and it's cheap compared to a Tubi (less than half the price).. and if it's good enough to use in the Ferrari Challenge Race series, it's good enough for me.

Original: http://www.splut.com/images/ferrari/360/360-standard.wmv

Challenge: http://www.splut.com/images/ferrari/360/360-Challenge-II.wmv

2. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    I do like the noise very much, but......... its not as sweet as a TUBI.

j3nzo

3. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Today I heard a 360 fitted with Tubi exhaust. AWESOME. Words can not convey the "music" that it creates. It sounds like a F1 engine!!! To those 360 owners who have a Tubi exhaust, your comments on what other improvements would be appreciated for those of us on the forum. Any change in throttle response?

4. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
  5. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    To my ear the Tubi is a little sweeter,
    and the challenge is a little more raspy.

6. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i agree that i like the tubi better,but then again my spider has a tubi!..it is louder than stock but much more throaty, esp at low rpm..it sounds like your racing at monaco when you are doing 40 going to corner grocery store....the throttle seems better at lower prm with the tubi but that culdjust be in my head!over all i love the tubi...it is load esp with the top down, withthe top up is pretty quiet at lower rpm..the only thing i dont like is that there is a little booming resonsance at lower rpm sometimes....but over all is was money very well spent

7. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Does anyone have a sound file of a 360 fitted with the Capristo ?

8. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    I think that sums it up well.. It definitely seems that the Tubi is preferred by most. Other than the money/weight saving, I felt the Tubi was a bit woofly where I was looking for a more raw sound ! I guess if I had a 550/575 I'd go for a Tubi.