Nike commercial confusion (way OT) | FerrariChat

Nike commercial confusion (way OT)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by robiferretti, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    saw a commercial a few times, guess it was Nike, was that all digitally made with agassi, playing hockey, serena williams playing volleyball, randy johnson bowling, lance armstrong boxing? i got confused how they did that, i stopped following sports to the point where i wouldn't notice if it were true or not :p

2. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    It's fake as hell. Worst Nike commercial i've seen. The Tiger Woods ones are better.

3. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Seriously? I thought it was great :)

Really cool to see Randy Johnson bowling it up with probably the only "mainstream" Bowler - Pete Webber.

Also Lance boxing etc. Just really cool to me.

4. Bob718

Bob718 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    I don't think it was done digitally, I think they actually filmed the scenes. Either way, it is the the coolest commercials ever.

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I prefer the Ali & Daughter commercials Adidas has been making.

6. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Agassi is playing baseball, for the red sox no less not hockey. Hockey scene was michael vick?? and someone else. It looks real, I think its a cool commercial. I dont get how it can be the worst commercial ever??

7. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

Really? I thought it was great commercial, esp seeing Lance throwing down in the ring. :cool: Pretty inovative IMO. The Nike Gridiron one with the CGM was pretty nice too, and the fluidity of the players was marvelous.

8. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Brian Urlacher, another football player...

I love that commercial..

9. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    Bob718 is right. It was actually all filmed except for one "backdrop". Agassi was actually playing baseball in Dodger Stadium but Fenway Park elements such as the Green Monster were digitally added to make it look like Fenway.

http://www.nike.com/nikebiz/news/pressrelease.jhtml?year=2004&month=02&letter=e

Mike

10. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Do you know why it was a good commercial....because we're talking about it. Viral marketing - now a bunch of us know about the commercial and want to see it, to see if it was done digitally or not. Nothing like a little brand enforcement.

And yes, I did like the commercial. Just my 2 cents ;)