Ferrari Store at Denver Airport | FerrariChat

Ferrari Store at Denver Airport

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by future328driver, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    My wife was passing through the Denver airport today and noticed that they have a Ferrari store in the United Terminal on level 3.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Hmm. I thought they were just going to put a kiosk with bags, not a whole store. I could be wrong, though.

3. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas

It might have just been a kisok, but my wife said they had clothes, flags, models, gear shift papers weights, etc. That sounded like more than a kiosk.

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I think some F-chatters might think twice about whether or not they would like to change planes in Dever or not!

5. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    It is a large kiosk, but I don't know how long it will last. FOD told me that they can't make any "Ferrari of Denver" logoed clothes, hats, jackets anymore, so there goes about half of the inventory. Only Fila clothes from now on, so maybe it will get a smaller inventory or more Fila stuff. But an $80 Fila shirt or $50 diecast is a big impulse buy at the airport. Especially with my United run arounds lately, there isn't much time to stop and look at it. There is nothing there that is not at the dealership, but certainly worth the escalator ride if you are not local.

The lady that runs it is a sub-contractor and sells what they send out there. It is pretty cool to see a big Ferrari sign in the airport, instead of the usual "stuff" in the gift shops.

I will call Jeff tomorrow and see what the future of the shop is.

6. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I stopped by that kiosk about 10 days ago. Had a nice chat with the person manning. He said the 'store' has been a fantastic success, selling several times more items than FOD sold over a much longer period.

He seemed pretty excited about getting the Fila stuff. He thought their biggest problem was the low level of inventory since their volume was so unexpectedly high.

Given the location, I don't think "FOD" items will be the big draw. As a matter of fact, having the Denver connection on the shirts/caps might actually be a negative, given the transient customer base.

I helped out by purchasing a few Maserati items I've not seen elsewhere. :)

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Seems weird that they'd put that at the Denver airport. What's the connection?

I'd be pissed if I were FoD. Not sure how much $$ that represents for them but it's got to be a few. FoOC barely does any merchandise as far as I can tell so I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal to them but there situation may be a different story.

8. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

FoD has the kiosk not FNA. At least that's what the owner of FoD told me.

9. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I thought there was indeed some type of relationship between the kiosk and FOD. Perhaps that was just an assumption I made, since they said the limitation on inventory was due to the finite stock over at FOD.

As far as airport location is concerned, I think its a pretty good marketing ploy. My 'local' F/M dealer is 2.5 hours from my home, so I don't exactly window shop and make impulse purchases.

I'll bet we see these kiosks pop up in most of the major airports.

10. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Probably, I seem to recall Luca saying that merch. is going to be a revenue growth area for them.

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Here's a pic of it. Pretty neat little kiosk. I was passing through Denver Int'l on my way back from Vail two weeks ago and noticed it. Prices seemed even a bit higher then the dealer.