Off Topic - LONDON MARATHON | FerrariChat

Off Topic - LONDON MARATHON

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 355fiorano, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Dear All f-chatters,

I am running my first marathon on April 18th (even sacrificing going to the Spring Ball and the first track day because of it !) and I am humbly looking for sponsors.

In order to get a place for the marathon, runners have to run for a charity. I have chosen a charity called Whizz Kidz as it perfectly matches my sentiments. It buys "cars" for disabled kids to give them mobility. Clearly I love cars and if I was in that sitaution then that's what I would want. Each car costs on average £3300.

I have already raised a little over that amount from my close friends but my target is $5,000. If you would like to help please visit https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/philipsfirstmarathon . I set up this site through my charity so that donations can be given easyly from a wider set of people. You will also find my personlised letter to all my sponsors.

I would also like to highlight that if you choose donate, my employer will double your money. If you also tick the "gift aid" tab the charity gets 28% extra. The net effect is that for each pound you put in the kids get £2.56 !

I am humbly appreciative of any contibutions you can make.

Philip

P.S. The Charity's address is http://www.whizz-kidz.org.uk

2. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It didn't like my card details, so I've put a pledge in, we'll sort something out :).

Good luck!

3. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Tom Thanks you very much, I really appreciate it :)
    As for payment I can PM you my address adn you can send me a cheque. Also if you give me your e-mail I can send you a sponsor form to fill in your details.

Many Thanks again !

Philip

4. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Good luck with the marathon.I did it in 2000 and raised money for SPARKS which is another childrens charity.It is quite emotional when you cross the finishing line.PM me with your details and I'll send you a cheque.
    Enjoy the day
    Daz

5. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Daz,

many thanks for you support :)

I really don't know how I will feel at the finish but I'm sure it will be good but painful. I did 24 miles last Sat and from mile 19 I didn't just hit the "wall" i absolutely slammed on it. Those last five miles were just horendous. I hope it won't be that bad in the event. I'm off to do the same thing this Sat so I can hopefully get my body more use to it ... I better be back for qualifying though !

Cheers

Philip