Ferrari strategy change | FerrariChat

Ferrari strategy change

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by robinh, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Ferrari has today announced what can only be described as a major change in their strategy.

With current massive over production in the car industry Fiat, Ferrari’s parent organisation, have forced Ferrari to look at their current model line up with a radical eye on the future and future profitability.

Ferrari, with immediate effect, will be discontinuing the manufacture of their 575 model range, putting all of the production capacity this frees into running out the existing forward orders of their 360 range. The 360 model range will also be trimmed to include only the 360 Spider and the 360 Challenge Stradale, with all models only being available with Ferrari’s racing derived F1 gearbox.

Production of the 360 replacement, the 420 Monza, has also been announced with first shipments due before the end of 2004.

The 420 Monza is a 2+2 seater, mid engine sports car based largely on the existing 360 Modena but powered by a 4.2 litre Masserati engine. Designed to be a volume production sports car prices have been announced to start at around $75000.

To reflect the change in strategy and the move into the higher volume sports car market, Ferrari and Masserati will merge to become Massarri Spa.

2. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
  3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Come on. It's not even April Fool's in the US yet!

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    haha, half an hour to go, where I am...

My April Fools is going to be spent falling asleep at this library desk. Then I'll wake up when the cleaners come in the morning and realize it wasn't a joke - my thesis really is due in 8 days and I have about half left to do... I should just set up a cot here and never leave.

Can you imagine, though? If Ferrari upped production to Porsche-like figures? And made them as reliable and easy to maintain? Ah, to dream.

5. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    GMT old boy, GMT - I'm off to work now while you guys get to go to bed!

6. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003

Morning Robin,

APRIL FOOLS to you too.

You computer guys are up far too early in the morning

Wazza