Lovetts Cardiff: worth a visit? | FerrariChat

Lovetts Cardiff: worth a visit?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robertb, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I am visiting the in-laws at their new pad in cardiff next week. They live quite near Dick Lovetts new dealership in Penarth.

What's there? Is it worth a visit?

Robert.

2. paul360m

paul360m Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Nr Heathrow
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Does it really matter??

Surely anything to escape the out-laws is a good thing!

Cheers

3. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
  4. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    I'd say so.

They have a lovely F40 up for just shy of £200 large.

Last time I went they had a very nice Nero 360, a gorgeous blue manual 575 and a 355 F1 which had just been sold. Also a silver 360 outside plus the usual collection of Massers (the new lights dont look anywhere near as good as the old 'boomerang' shape ones do they?)

There is also the Porsche dealers there as well.

5. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    Went there today. F40, nero 360 & 575 plus a few masser's, nut no F car's in the car park. You can also look into to see what being serviced in the workshop. Nice Porsche GT2 in the car park. I want the white/red GT3RS in the Porsche showroom!

6. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    Great manager there, Martin Wright, manager for both dealers. Fitting a Tubi for me on Saturday. Though Porsche showroom knock spots off the Ferrari.

7. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Robbo I assume that you will become a regular fixture in the Butetown Link Road tunnels this weekend then!

It sounds bl00dy loud going through there at full pelt in my Elise with the sports exhaust, I cant think what it will sound like with a Tubi.

Are you in the South Wales FOC? if so are you going to the lunch on Sunday? There is no run planned but should be a few cars there for a few piccies

8. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    I'm afraid not, I am not a member of the FOC, having on recently got into an Fcar. I'm not really sure what the FOC is all about...need to do some homework in the 'club' department. I have been through the tunnels, but tend head northwards( brecon/Abergav etc) very early on sat/sundays to avoid the traffic and the possibility of the finger. I refuse to race/pose through town under any circumstances, much prefer to be discreet... if at all possible in red 360 with Tubi!

9. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Robbo

I will get the organiser of the South Wales Club's details. They usually do a few good runs down around the Gower in the summer.

Let me know the next time you are heading to Brecon for a blast. I usually go up there on the weekends when the weather is good and know some pretty good roads.

Would also love to hear the Tubi, I'm trying to peruade the old man to get one fitted to the 456.

10. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    #10 smiffy, Apr 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    #12 smiffy, Apr 4, 2004
  12. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Smiffy nice pics thanks for posting,quite a nice turn out to,

cheers
    Dale.

13. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
  14. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    #15 smiffy, Apr 4, 2004
  15. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Smiffy I've just got home from this!

The silver 456 is my old man's car which I drove there and back today. I would have hung around to say hello if I knew you were there.

Didn't get much of an opportunity to open it up on the way there due to the 50 limit on a big stretch of the motorway. My mum was in the car as well and tends to yell at me if I go too fast!

I took a few snaps as well and will post them up soon.

It was a good turn out and quire a good spread of cars.

I called in to White dove on friday afternoon to have a look at the 111R but couldnt see you. The other bloke working there just ignored me completely.

16. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Oh ****, I can't believe I missed this.
    Davey/Smiffy please give me a shout next time there is a meet.

Wasted my whole afternoon going to Williams & Hamilton Cars Bristol to fine they were both shut.

17. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    I only knew about it because I was chattin to the guy that owns the Giallo 348 spyder in work a few weeks ago, & he was kind enough to call me & let me know when it was!

Davey let us know when the next one is!

18. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Sorry guys I will do.

I dont have any dates as yet but the organiser, Leighton (Giallo 348) said they are planning a few runs / events in the summer and will be using Dick Lovett's as a base.

The black 360 in the photo's was brought by the salesman from Lovett's (cant remember his name but he looks like Bepe Dimarco from Eastenders!)

Have to try and get him to sneak the F40 out next time!

19. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    Thanks for the info re the club, looks interesting. I had the Tubi fitted last Saturday....the weather didn't matter...what a sound. More V12 than anything, totally outstanding. A real F1 type howl above 5000 rpm, and a deep rumble below. Martin Wright is really helpful, runs both service departments. i'd still say they remain very expensive on stock sales though, particularly the 2 360's they have at the moment. Why I don't know, with such as small showroom you'd expect them to want to move cars on.

20. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Guys- thanks for the feedback; I stopped by at Dick Lovetts Cardiff yesterday.

I was made very welcome (even though I made my 'tyre kicker' status very clear from the outset!), and viewed their fabulous F40, and 575. Maseratis looked great too.

Def. worth visiting.

Robert.

21. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    Any meets/shows coming up?