Bush jokes about WMD | FerrariChat

Bush jokes about WMD

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bobafett, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3570845.stm

Personally, I don't think this is so tasteless. I realize that the war is no laughing matter (and agree whole-heartedly), but I think the Kerry, et alia bashing in this respect is stupid. I think a little self-depracating humour never hurt anyone... (and yes Dave, I'm defending that tw@t GWB - actually I'm pissed that I don't own an oil company or Bechtel or anything he's in with)

--Dan

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I didn't see it as a big deal either.

3. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    OMG, you think Kerry's comments are respectless and not Bush's behavior? PLEASE. Kerry's response is just like any other persons would have been. It's tasteless what he have done, it's like ****ting all over the soldier who have died for their country in the search of those stupid WMD.

Please, come on. Wake up.

PS. Don't take it as a personal attack. It's not. More like a reprimande :)

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Jonas: no one here is condoning what happened in Iraq (well, I'm not, anyways), but I don't think self-deprecating humour is awful. He's not making insults or jokes about lives lost, IMO.

I think the use of the joke as political fodder is much more serious problem.

--Dan

5. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    It seems he is making a joke of the matter of not finding any wmd's yet or if at all. As if its ok to just laugh and shrug it off! I think its pretty tasteless and disrespectful. He just wants everyone to laugh it off, oh no big deal.. hahahaha... Please!!

6. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    It has everything to do with it. He started the bloody war based on those weapons.

7. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    God Bless President Bush and our troops for having the courage and determination to remove yet another dangeous dictator and making our world safer for the future.

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  10. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  11. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Regardless of how disrespectful the comments were (they were) this was a hugely stupid political move. What a dope. This wasn't Clinton making a BJ joke, 400 people and countless Iraqis have DIED!!

Luke.

12. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    You know... the biggest WMD is up Bush's ass, his brain.

Luke.

13. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Actually, I think that the number of U.S. troops alone is somewhere around 600 so far.

14. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Hahahahaha. Nice one. What a terrible lie. Bush has needlessly added at least 20% to the American body count since Sept. 11, 2001, and at least thirty thousand Iraqis and Afghans, mostly innocent. Those numbers are growing daily. But don't let the facts get in the way.

As for the joke...it was just a joke. Both sides suck. Bush for making a fairly poor joke about a very serious matter. And Kerry for seizing on it like a dyed-in-the-wool politician.