Feedback-Experiences with Stebro | FerrariChat

Feedback-Experiences with Stebro

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by brettski, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    Without relating my current situation with this company at this time, I would appreciate any feedback that the F-chat group could offer on your buying experience, and on the actual exhaust product itself once you receivced and installed it. All responses are welcome and appreciated.
    Thanks

2. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

I purchased their X-pipe for my 550 a while back. There was a BIG clusterphuque wiht it--they could not track it after it failed to appear at my door, I got conflicting stories of who the shipper was, then that there was/was not a replacement sent, then who the shipper was on that. I halted credit card payment. Finally, it showed up more than a month after the order. I then OK'd payment.

The piece is nice. Wasn't quite a perfect fit, unfortunately, whereas my friend Mark's identical unit was...

3. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    Sounds like Stebro is consistant, if that means anything these days. Anyway, Stebro's shipping department leaves much to be desired, as it always seems to take considerable time to receive the product, but once it arrives, the fit and finish were certainly acceptable. Some companies are more centered on making the product, the R&D side of things, instead of good old fashioned customer service. All in all, however, I must say it is a good product, and certainly meets their stated claims.

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

It took a while to get an answer from the guys in Canada about what they had for my car.

Then it took about a week to get the order organized. No one answered the phone, it always went to voice mail. Emails went unanswered for a day or two, but eventually I got a reply.

Placed the order, it sat around for about a week, and finally shipped, without incident.

But from conception to completion took about three to four weeks, and involved a lot of nagging, cajoling, etc, to get it done.

Don't know about fit, as it has not been put on my car yet. That should happen later this week.

Prices, excellent, quality, looks good, service, lousy.

5. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    i guess i'm somewhat encouraged by the responses. it's been two months since my order was placed and updates are not readily forthcoming. i'm trying to be diplomatic but my level of frustration is growing daily. maybe if they just quoted a longer lead time up front or returned calls...
    i guess i'll be happy as long as everything goes smoothly when it does arrive.
    thanks for the responses.
    HOLD THE PHONE. i was just given a UPS tracking # by Stebro via my cell phone. monday is the arrival date.