355 Rotor Upgrade | FerrariChat

355 Rotor Upgrade

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Tipo815, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Anyone know if Brembo or one of the other brake suppliers makes a vented rotor replacement for the stock rotors. Don't want to have to buy Brembos entire package which includes the calipers, etc. Just want the vented rotors.

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
  3. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    As stated above, Brembo does just sell upgraded rotors. A very good altrnative to people if you already have a good caliper setup.

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Technically, the brembo rotors are vented, they just dont use vanes to pump the hot air through. At hot temperatures, there is a natural convection between the rotor faces that displaces quite a bit of air, although not as much as actual vanes.

The original rotors on my F355 lasted through 31 track days (and 20K road miles) in the hot texas heat of summer. A simple pad upgrade (I use DS2500s) and fresh fluid will allow the stock parts to put up with all the track time you can throw at them if you stick with street tires.

I am now on my second set of rotors.

There is an air scoop used on 360 challenge cars that can be used to direct even more air at the rotor/caliper for even more performance. There are also NACA ducts you can buy and install on the diffusers to direct air to the rear rotors/calipers for a completely rounded brake package.

Air and pads will end up being a lot less expensive than different rotors.

5. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Thanks for all the information - very helpful.