"There is only one Ferrari, and this isn't it" | Page 7 | FerrariChat

"There is only one Ferrari, and this isn't it"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by t88power, Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Thats not the problem. The problem is Allan's confrontational, insulting comments that go way back to the old board, as well as other boards. This is his post in another Lambo forum:

"LOL! I love getting some of those fools on Fchat all riled up. Some of them are very cool, others a bunch of sissys hiding behind a name, driving an underperforming, overpriced bomb! lol"

Now, you can post that kind of crap elsewhere, but when you come into this forum and begin to insult people and the cars then you are not going to make many friends. Defending this behavior only invites more of it. How can you expect to be treated like a normal person if you constantly insult?

Funny thing is, Allan is the one getting riled up here, with 44 posts on this thread, way more than anybody else! LOL

Ernesto

2. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Thank you Ernosto. I agree.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    time correction

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Ernesto you truly are a fool if your really believe i get worked up over anything said on this forum. But i know many people here do! They cant sleep at nights! lol

As for my statement on another forum.... Its a fact!

5. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    You are right on,allanlambo;the lambos are for Midgets only.
    You are what? 4'9" or less ?

6. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    You don't get worked up? LOL... Then why post 45 times in this thread? You are sure fooling everybody around here. I suggest you relax and don't take these things so seriously, it's just videos and cars. Nothing worth getting so agitated about! You'll definitely live longer if you don't let these things get the better of you.

Ernesto

7. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    There is no difference between Allan posting in response to every other thread as there is in us reading the thread from start to finish. Its entertainment, for Allan and for us.

If this was Ferrari chat or MarkPDX Photochop chat, the fact is, this board is not preventing Allan from starting or participating in these threads anymore than us. Don't blame him.

If you want to be a part of a mailing list that has six times the membership of F-chat, with 1/20th probably more like 1/50th or 1/100th of the flame wars, check out www.jag-lovers.org. Remember, it takes two or more to tango. Allan doesn't bring the worst to the board, as he's shown more of his personality and is cordial offline. Its brought out of him by us.

Sunny

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Actually im 6ft on the button! Fit fine in the Countach, and great in the Diablo.

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Sunny, Im going to Jag-lovers next to start some ****! lol

Thats what soo funny about this board, is people themselves get so worked up over what is said, that they actually think others do also. I laugh my a$$ off, thats why i post so much!

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    HAHAHA!!! And they will take it personal, it will be great! Go in as an Audi lover and start taunting, it would be tear jerking hilarious. Work them slowly at first, they don't bite right away.

11. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    I dont get it. Hello, are you out there?? You, the real car nut. I love Ferraris, yes, but I also love Lamborghinis and tons of other cars that I don't feel like typing out right now. So who really gives a flying F. who beats who. It sounds like a bunch of High schoolers bench racing. Lets face it anybody who owns a 550 ora Murci. could dump truck loads of cash into any type of car their hearts desire, and have one very fast car. If a guy picks say a 550 and dosn't care if he's the fastest on the block it's because that car was the one that "spoke" to him.

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

LOL! Im having soo much fun here though!

13. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, it doesn't matter if other cars can beat Ferraris, they're still NOT Ferraris.

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Thank god theyre not!

15. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    allan, your profile says you also have a 355. So why always bad mouthing Ferraris? Unless you're just being a devil's advocate which is such a waste of time.

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #166 wax, Nov 21, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Big Al

If Ferrari makes their cars more expensive, harder to work on, less exciting to look at, and no longer in the top 3 when it comes to preformance?

1st Ford GT
    2nd Lambo Gallardo
    3rd GT3 P-car
    4th Ferrari 360

Would you still love Ferrari just because its Ferrari?
    Some times a company (that some think is GOD) still needs a good kick in the ass. Allen seems to be an ass-kicker if you ask me.

Ferrari has left us with few things to cheer about recently.
    They use to be KING.

I hope they get it back.

18. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Yes, i have a 355 Spider. It falls into most of the same critisism as the newer models, but not as badly. The 355 atleast has style, something the 360/456/550/575 lack.

19. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Outside of popularity, is the 360 even in the top 3 of Ferrari's lineup?

Enzo Ferrari
    575 GTC
    575M Maranello
    456M GT/GTA
    Challenge Stradale
    360 GT
    360 Challenge
    360 Spider
    360 Modena

The upcoming 4-seater 612 will do 198.

What do whiners want, Ferrari to build a 250 or 300 mph car that looks unlike a Ferrari? Ridiculous.

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Mark, i will always love Ferrari. Not for their F1 victories, which i could care less about, but for the cars they used to make. It pains me to watch people, like many here, continue to buy a 2nd rate product because of the fact that Ferrari wins races. So basicly, Michael Schumacker is the only Ferrari driving winner.

Also Mark, why did you rate the Gt above the Gallardo in terms of performance? Not saying its not faster than the Gallardo, it may be, but no conclusive tests yet. One thing for certain with the Ford will be a terrific aftermarket to further boast performance. I imagine with very little work.. ie exhaust, supercharger pulley, 600hp will be easily obtainable. That car will be mean in the hands of the aftermarket.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Who cares if the car will do 198 when it takes 2 hours to get there and looks like a Miata on steroids or a stolen design from the ugly Panoz.

22. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    GT should be rated above the Gallardo for now because it has been tested:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1643&page=1

Although the GT tested was pre-production, I don't see any reason to believe that its acceleration will get VASTLY get worse.

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Im sorry, but im not buying those performance numbers for the Ford. 0-150mph in 16.9 seconds would make it faster than a Pagani Zonda. The Ford is virtually the same weight, same power as a Viper SRT/10, and this test means it hits 150 about 4 seconds faster, also about 3 seconds faster than the Murcielago.

Road and Track just tested the Ford, and it numbers are nowhere near the ones here.

Also, the numbers for the 360 and Porsche look alittle slow, especially for the 0-150mph times. Theyre about 4 1/2 seconds off a Diablo 6.0's time.

Come on guys, do you really think this car can destroy an F40 and an F50?

24. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Road and Tracks numbers
    1/4 mile=12.2@121
    0-60 in 3.9

25. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Ok, I guess we'll just have to see when the production vehicle comes out. What's the Gallardo - 4 seconds, or a shade over?