Saw 26 F-Cars today! | FerrariChat

Saw 26 F-Cars today!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by simon.amazona, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon.amazona

simon.amazona Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    London U.K.
    Full Name:
    Simon G
    just got back from Verdi's where I had to have a new battery on my 97 355 spider. Shame you gotta take the front wheel of to do it!

Anyway loads of lovely F-cars there just sitting in the sun. I did a quick roll call.

6 x 360
    9 x 355
    2 x 456
    1 x 412
    6x 308
    2x testerossa
    & one countach....

I believe they've also got more cars in storage nearby.

Noticed some fun number plates on some of them..only can't remember them now.

A couple of the 355's had spacers on the rear wheels. Makes the wheels fill the arches really nicely and makes the car look more aggresive. Anyone had them fitted and are they any good...how much?

Cheers
    Simon

2. bigmoose

bigmoose Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    London and Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    CT
    just out of curiosity simon
    how much did the battery set u back?

i had to replace mine a few weeks ago and paid graypaul ...112 i think or somewhere there
    chetan

3. simon.amazona

simon.amazona Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    London U.K.
    Full Name:
    Simon G
    It cost me £86 plus the fitting charge which was an hours labour.

Its minimum charge time. They did a few other bits for me which was included.

If the battery wasn't in the wheel arch I would have done it myself.

4. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Its almost as if Ferrari forget to put in a battery, and then find aplace for it right at the end!

5. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Good to meet you up there Simon, your spider looks great in black. I hope Carl put the shields on correctly.

Regards

Stewart

6. bigmoose

bigmoose Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    London and Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    CT
    simon
    i actually took the battery away and put it in myself...not as bad as the 355 ..its just in the passenger footwell ....hours labour ....thats 50 quid right?
    which arch is the batt in on the 355?

saw that u are having the sheilds put in.... r you having the panels beaten?
    i tried to just stick them on without beating the panels ...somehow was not very pleased with it ...they just seem to stick out awkwardly ....if i recollect joe (360 spider) did the same ...and i think was not too pleased with the result ...i may be wrong
    all the best
    and pls some pics when its done
    best to all
    chetan

7. simon.amazona

simon.amazona Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    London U.K.
    Full Name:
    Simon G
    Chetan

Yes it was an hours labour which was £60 and the battery is in the right hand wheel arch.

I cheated a bit on the shields as last year I put the stick on ones on the wing. I then decided they were in the wrong place as I'm told they should be about 5cms above the indicator light on the wings. They've now been restuck in the 'right' place. The residue glue just polished off from where they were stuck before.

I think it looks good especially the yellow shields and red calipers on an all black car.

I'll try and take some pics when I next get the car out which will be next weekend.