Any Ferrari Owners in TAIWAN? | FerrariChat

Any Ferrari Owners in TAIWAN?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Jimmy540i, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
  2. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    A-N-Y O-N-E ???

3. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Jimmy, doubt very much there's an F-chatter living in Taiwan. I was from Taiwan, but currently settled in HK.

You from Taiwan originally?

4. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    I really doubt it. I was there this past christmas, and saw none, to my displeasure. Looked up a couple dealers, and none of them have any.
    there's isnt even an authorized dealer there. I think i saw 1 348 or something...it was pretty sad.

5. naguoning

naguoning Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Taiwan (Kaohsiung)
    I live in Gaoxiong (aka, Kaohsiung) but I am from Australia. Yes, it is possible to find some Ferraris in Taiwan. Usually 348, 355 or 360. Almost never older cars. I have only seen one Testarrosa, two Mondial 3.2 and one 328 on the road in the 5+ years I have been here. I saw a 348 as recently as 2 days ago. I do not yet own a Ferrari. The irony of this is that by living in Taiwan that I finally have enough money that I could seriously buy (an older) one if I were at "home" in Australia. I would love to get a 328 or good condition 308 but it is near impossible to find one. I have never seen any sign of a 308 here although I did see one overpriced early Mondial advertsed before. The only time I ever saw a 328 advertised here it had over 100,000 km on the clock and that was about 4 years ago. Basically I am crazy enough that I seriously expect to get an F-car here at some point although I guess that will mean waiting until I can afford a 355 as I do not want all the headaches I hear people complaining about with 348s. Taiwan has a serious lack of tracks to really open a Ferrari up on, although the new number 3 highway is one of the best roads I have ever driven on and some of the cross island highways offer plenty of curves and beautiful scenery but you would be lucky to get past 2nd gear on most of the time. That said although the number 3 highway is a great road, Taiwan road manners still leave a lot to be desired. I have been in the "fast" lane driving at about 119 khr (the speed limit is 110) and come up behind cars travelling at 60 or 70 that refused to move away from the middle of this 3 lane road....
    Presuming you can read Chinese some web sites with adverts for F-Cars (2nd hand):
    http://www.carnews.com.tw/2car/
    http://www.eauto.com.tw/oldcar/servlet/ShowConditionSearch
    http://www.ferrari.com.tw/
    The prices are measured in units of "wan", ie 10,000 NT$ or about US$300. eg a car that is costs 400 wan would be about US$120,000. Taiwanese usually tend to barter a lot on second car hand prices so maybe 80% of what is listed here is what people might really pay.
    I am not sure if distribution here is official or not now but certainly at one point Ferrari did have official distribution here as I remember the Ferrari Italy web site listing a distributor in Tainan. I am not sure but I think this might have also been the Fiat/Lancia distributor as they were also based in Tainan but are no longer in business.

6. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    yes sir