What color should I paint my Brake Calipers? | FerrariChat

What color should I paint my Brake Calipers?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jimmy540i, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What Color Should I paint the Brake Calipers on my Ferrari?

1. YELLOW Calipers w/ Black “Ferrari” Letterings

2. RED Calipers w/ Black “Ferrari” Letterings

3. Leave it alone - BLACK Calipers w/ White “Ferrari’ Letterings

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Guys:

This is my 1st Poll ever in any message forum. Horay!!! :)

Since my car does not come with Red Calipers, I'm thinking of having them painted.

The thing is that I don't really like the red because I've seen a couple Red 360 w/ red calipers and it just add the excessiveness of red on the car (IMHO of course)

I'm leaning towards yellow probably it's because it's more of an "Exotic" look and it matches my Shields, plus no one has done it before on a Red 360 (at least I haven't had any chance to see one).

Or, just leave it the way it is.

I need to get your opinions:

1. YELLOW Calipers w/ Black “Ferrari” Letterings
    2. RED Calipers w/ Black “Ferrari” Letterings
    3. Keep it the way it is, BLACK Calipers w/ White “Ferrari’ Letterings

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom.

2. phil30

phil30 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere I belong
    Full Name:
    Phil Tan
    I would go for RED Calipers w/ Black “Ferrari” Letterings to match the exterior of your car.

But how are you going to get the Ferrari letterings in Black? Do you have to custom make them or Ferrari sells them?

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Jimmy,

I think you should concentrate on driving your many toys instead of prettying them up.

In the end who give a ** what colour the brake calipers are, as long as slow the car hard.

Don't turn your Ferrari into a show mobile like your Ducatis (ie the ones you have never leaned over on, and are indanger of wearing the centre of the tyre out on ... yes it is the same PSk that posts on the Ducati forum).

But in the end they are your toys, but I do think you are overly obsessed with making your toys look pretty. I think the best colour you could make your calipers would be 'covered in brake dust after a good old fashioned track day' ... but I know that will never happen with your Ferrari :(

Cars and bikes are meant to be driven/ridden not looked at!!!! :D

Pete

4. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Yes, I'd tend to agree. Leave it the way it is and enjoy........

5. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Thanks, Ferrari OC offered to make it happen (they paint them I would assume)

6. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    PLEASE NO YELLOW!! I've seen several red 360's with yellow calipers and it does not flatter the car. If anything it looks like a Mc Donalds QP special.
    As for painting the Calipers get with Brembo (there in CA.) they will paint them for you AND they will even put custom lettering on them for you! ie. your name, your girlfriends name, your bands name...PM me if you need a contact name for Brembo.

Good Luck!

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Jimmy, I like them just the way they are, your F car is stunning, no need to make any changes.

8. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Pete:

Thanks for your input. I didn't want to comment too much on my driving habits and skills. But I'm sure I belong to one of those "Road Rage" catagories ranked by LAPD according to all my friends & associates. :)

IT'S NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF. Just that I do take all my machine to the max (well, used too, I got smart now, still drving / riding like a manaic occasionally). :)

You can go here for some road rage photo of me & my car:
    http://www.jimmy540i.com/gallery.htm

(PS: My 9-11 membership won't save me on that 145mph @ 45mph Zone run)

Here is myself racing a 400HP Audi A4 (VIDEO):
    http://www.jimmy540i.com/s4audi.htm

(PS: Excuse the language of the Audi Driver)

Here are a few of my experiences at the track (1/4 mile & Road Corse):
    http://www.jimmy540i.com/track.htm

Here is me going against a couple Vipers:
    http://www.jimmy540i.com/comparisons.htm

Oh, and after my bike crash back in May/2002, I figure I should go easy on myself.

:)

9. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I vote yellow. I have red on my red car and it looks pretty good. But on your highly unique car, yellow brake calipers would bring out the color of the shields and vice versa. It would add another uinque dimension to your unique car. Your car is already quite magnificent in any event.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You would have to follow the posts on the Ducati forum (http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/) to understand why I have attacted Jimmy for 'not using his toys as God intended' ;)

While I appreciate that everybody buys Ducati and Ferraris for different reasons, I cannot understand why somebody who wants to purchase these sporting and track inspired machines, does not do something about their driving or riding ability, or atleast not be tempted by their performance and ability to want to learn how to harness it ...

It is very obvious on the Ducati site that Jimmy potters down to the local cafe on his Ducati's and does no more ... that to me is a waste of the fine bikes he owns. Why not improve ones safety and riding skills and go to the many riding courses and track days and thus get FAR more out of the wonderful superbikes he owns. I personally think you should not legally be allowed to ride a bike on the street unless you have done track day courses that teach you how to ride properly. These new skills could save yours or somebody elses life one day.

Thus I am concerned Jimmy is going to go down the same path with his Ferrari ... and it has nothing to do with me, but I am pretty damn sure that if you asked Enzo Ferrari about caliper colour he would tell you to fnck off and go and drive the car!@!!!

Surely to use closer to the full potential of your car or bike is more satisfying that looking at a newly painted caliper ;)

Pete
    EDIT: Yes I know about your bike crash, and I know about your immature rediculous speeding on public roads ... even more the reason why I think you and your driving and riding would mature greatly if you went to a track course (especially for the bike).

I believe very strongly that improving your skills is how to dodge accidents and stay safe ... either tha or sell the bikes/cars.

And racing on the road is NOT what owning a performance car is about (or what I am talking about, that is how you end up in hospital!) ... so I do hope you have not posted those videos :(

11. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Jimmy540i: "Why fix it if it ain't broken?"

12. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Jimmy if you do sell, I am looking for a Ducati!!!

13. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Pete:

There are so many kinds/levels of cars, bikes as well as to people.

If those people think I'm just poser, let it be. I do not need to prove myself because my sites says it all.

And like what I said in the previous post, riding / driving the hell outta on Duc/F-Car on the street is really nothing to be proud of.

14. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    I will keep that in mind. I currently have 2 996s, I will let you know if I want to get rid of the Mono (gotta love that bike) :)

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Jimmy,

I rest my case with this picture (if real?) from your site. Please grow up before you kill somebody :(:

If you lived in Sydney I would report you to the police!!!!, for your own sake

Nothing wrong with speeding, but there is a time and a place for these things ...

Pete

16. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Dont want to change the subject of the thread, but yeah if you decide to get rid of them, you know I am around the corner. Also when you crashed your bike, which one did you crash?

17. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

No my previous Duc, it's totaled :(

18. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Sorry Pete to make you unhappy.

Hey I was at Sydney for Kylie Minogue's concert a few years ago, stayed @ Shangri-La and rent a nice convertible. Never did over 65mph. :)

19. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Leave them be.

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Pete,
    There's a reason that everybody likes you. Both here and on the Ducati forums.

:)

21. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Pete:

My bike crash happened when I was doing 60mph on the 65 Zone on #4 lane before a freeway exit, while a Ford van on the #3 lane decide to exit and hit me (I was at his blind spot).

Can't expect the unexpected

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Something to do with riding a bike and travelling in somebodies blind spot rings little bells in my head ... but I have said enough.

Yes you cannot be ready for every situation, but the more training and ability you have, the better you will respond when you need to ... and another amazing fact, that is true! ... the less accidents you will be involved in, because you become more aware of your surroundings and thus change your driving appropriately. Learnt that one the hard way ;)

Have a good weekend.

Pete

23. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

Same to you buddy, thanks for all your comments :)

24. slashmatt

slashmatt Rookie

Feb 7, 2004
    It will LOWER the resale value of your nice 360.

25. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    It's not like I'm selling this car. But why?